Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sat. 5/31 - update

We are beginning to see a pattern: Caed wakes up in a great mood, immediately wants to start playing, does well until about noon, gets sick, takes a nap, has a fair afternoon, maybe gets sick again, and then finishes the day pretty well. I'm definitely not complaining. Like I've said before, we are seeing a change. We just need to remember it's a slow one. His mornings are SO good, it's hard not to expect the whole day to be that way. But...we will get there one of these days. This morning he wanted to go to Logan's house (just across the street from my parents). They are in the middle of a building project, so we got there just in time to see a big "dumpster truck" bring a load of sand to Logan's driveway. Whoo! What great fun! They climbed and had a blast. Finally, it got pretty hot, so they decided to cool off in the backyard pool. ha! Caed couldn't really get wet, but he walked around in the water and still had fun. Just like yesterday, he got real quiet and then gave me the sign and wanted to go home. Once we got there, he got sick. After his nap, he chippered up a bit and took Grandaddy back down to the sand pile. Todd and Reagan flew in this evening, so he, Caleb and I went to pick them up. He was SO excited to see them. When I was putting him to bed tonight he asked me why he never gets to go on the airplane like Daddy and Reagan. I told him we would VERY soon...............!



Caed & Logan climbing the sand
mountain





This is the closest to swimming Caed can do
right now..however even this feels good in
100 degree heat!



Just relaxing pool-side

4 comments:

Stacey said...

So glad to hear about another good day! This is soooo encouraging to hear after following your journey for so long! Thank you, Lord!

Anonymous said...

The news is so awesome to hear!!
I am so glad to hear this. Good news is always a blessing. I praythat aed will heal and that he will have so many more good days. I really miss you guys. addie 3am

Gib and Abby Brogan said...

Hi,
My name is Abby. My Daughter Ellie was born missing 80% of her small bowel and about 20% of her large. Caed looks fantastic and your blog is great. You all are doing a great job looking out for him. As I and all the other parents in the short bowel community know, it isn't easy.
Keep up the good work.
Abby
eleanorbrogan.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

tretinoin and clindamycin gel fights bacteria in the body. Tretinoin is a form of vitamin A. It reduces the amount of oil released by oil glands in your skin and helps your skin renew itself more quickly. It is used to treat severe nodular acne in adults and children who are at least 12 years old.