Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tues. 5/13 - update


O LORD, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in Your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief. (Psalm 143 : 1)


This has been a very long day, beginning about 5 am. Caed woke through the night a few times in pain, but then was up with severe spasms at 5. It has basically lasted ALL day! By noon, I called his dr. Then, things began getting worse, so I called again this afternoon. She wanted us to come to the ER right away. We were thinking it had to do with his G-tube. It just wasn't draining like normal. For 3 hrs. this afternoon, we had him on a continual drain and maybe only got 20cc. Not good. That's when we headed for the hospital. We were praying it was something simple. But, yet I packed my bag (just in case). Once we finally saw Dr. G, Caed had fallen asleep in my lap. He was exhausted from a pain-filled, no nap day! They replaced part of his tube and also gave us some suppositories. (he hasn't had a BM in 4 days!) She said if he wasn't better by morning, she would probably want us to come back for upper GI, etc... Once we got home, things were NOT better. He screamed in pain for the remainder of the evening. We debated whether to go back again. Finally, he looked at us and said he wanted to go to bed. We gave him lots of medicine, so hopefully he can have some relief and get some much needed rest. I have a feeling we will be back to the hospital tomorrow. Which is ok. I would rather find out if something is going on, than just wonder. However, Todd flies out early in the morning. Please pray for that situation. It is VERY difficult for him to have to leave when things aren't going well.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!....to all my prayer warriors out there! As soon as we got in the van to head to the hospital I texted several of you. We just simply wanted you to be praying! You did and we thank you so much! We are so glad to be home tonight even with Caed not feeling well. Now please just pray for tomorrow especially. Pray that any tests he has will be clear. Dr. G made a comment today and said she thinks his tummy is TRYING to get better. That may not make sense with him in so much pain and all, but hopefully....she's right! One positive thing is he is not throwing up bile anymore. Also, if you're reading this tonight, please pray for Caed to sleep well. He so desperately needs good rest!

There are so many things I could write about tonight. Many thoughts are racing in my head, but my BODY IS WEAK! I am very, very tired. Todd and I also need some good rest. I guess you have figured out by now, there was no Tech game for us today. (thank you anyway Russ!!) God just had other plans for us tonight. Not sure I liked the change, but.....He has his reasons. ha! I am learning more about "His plans" more and more each day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I sit awake trying to sleep, I pray you all are getting the needed rest!! I hope tomorrow is a better day and you get great news from the doctor!!

Melissa Ballard

Anonymous said...

This song was sung Sunday at church. It made me think of your situation.
"My Life Is in Your Hands"
You don't have to worry, and don't you be afraid. Joy comes in the morning, troubles, they don't last always. For there's a friend named Jesus who will wipe your tears away, and if your heart is broken, just lift your hands and say, Oh, I know that I can make it, I know that I can stand. No matter what may come my way, my life is in Your hands.
When your tests and trials, they seem to get you down and an end to your problems is nowhere to be found. Remember there's a friend named Jesus who will wipe your tears away, and if your heart is broken, just lift your hands and say, Oh, I know that I can make it, I know that I can stand, No matter what may come my way, my life is in Your hands. With Jesus I can take it, with Him I know I can stand, No matter what may come my way, my life is in Your hands. My life is in Your hands. My life is in Your hands. My life is in Your hands.

Lori, Caed's life is in HIS hands!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear the news today. When you texted my mom yesterday she told me when i saw her. I am glad you guys are now at home. I pray for strength for lori and todd. I also pray for Caed to just get some relief from the pain.I love you guys and really miss you addie 3am

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lord, how majestic is your name! From the earth, moon and stars, you hold in place! All the earth will rejoice!

Lori, I know praising is not at the top of the list right now but I know Praising Him ushers in the anointing of the holy spirit which breaks the yoke of bondage. So we are going to Praise His name to break asunder the lies and attack of the enemy.

We are going to use the Word to break the chains of this illness. God's word says Satan is no respector of persons and will use even our children to break our will and hope. But he has already been defeated at the cross. So we stand boldly to say "Get thee behind me Satan. You will not attack my children. They are covered by the blood of the lamb, Jesus. We take up the authority of God's Word to withstand the fiery darts of the enemy. We cast down all insinuations, accusations and lies of the enemy for the banner over us is LOVE!

Lori, Matt is here with me tonight. We are bound in agreement to lift up Caed that he would rest peacefully. We command the angels from the north, south, east and west to protect him and your family. Lord, we ask you to give Caed visions and dreams of you.

Hold Caed close to you Lord. We lay it all down. No one else will do but you Lord. Nothing else can take your place. We need your embrace. Help us find the way to you Lord. You are all we want. You are all we have ever needed. Help us know you are near! Draw Caed close to you. You are our desire Lord.

Lori, we are here to stand in the gap for you in prayer. Lord, send your messengers of encouragement to Lori tomorrow. Words of strength and hope. Again, we speak much wisdom and vision to the doctors.

Lori, the enemy is attacking on all sides now. He knows Todd is leaving and you will be alone. He knows your fears and knows how tired you are but we have to stand bold to not give him a stronghold. For the Lord is able and He will never let you go. Our God is able to do great miracles. He already has and He will do what he says he will do.

Lori, you and Todd have a stong call upon your life as well as Caed. God is going to use all of this mightily. Rest in the hope we are here praying.

Matt and Nancy signing off @ 3:15 am

PS Addie, I told Matt you were going to get your prayer in before us! We will see you tonight at the Loft!

Anonymous said...

Todd, Lori, and Caed,
The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. (Lam. 3:22-23)

May God's love and mercy be your strength today.

Anonymous said...

Oh God how great are you. You are the almighty. Come down be with the drs. with Lori and with Caed. Let his tummy be waking up and that the pain will go away. Hope Caed got some rest and you guys too. When you text me Lori I send out to all the prayer people i know to get the chain going. So just remember to let me know so we can come in and pray at that time. we love you guys. Keri

Anonymous said...

We join in with the rest who love you and are committed to pray this thru! We will not stop and believe that God is working!
Amy Oldham