Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thur. 5/29 - update

This is going to be short. It's late, took too much allergy medicine today, and I'm exhausted. Today was a VERY GOOD day! He got unhooked from his new TPN about 9:30 am or so. He was in a good mood, wanted to do things, drank the Carnation drink several times. Only threw up twice. Once was because he got his dressing changed today and he got upset. The other time was very small.

I went to Idalou's graduation tonight. These were the kids I taught when they were in the 4th grade! Can't believe how "grown up" they all are. It was SO nice being able to get away again. When I got home there was a note on the bathroom mirror. It read:

"6:40 - 2 bites of yogurt
7:00 - 2 PLATES of lasagna!!
1 slice of cake

PRAISE GOD!!

Had a wonderful evening until 9:30 - threw up. Went to bed at 10:00"

I can't wait until morning when I can ask my parents further about the "2 plates of lasagna." I can't even imagine!! And yes! Praise GOD!! I really feel he is on the up side of this recovery. Tomorrow morning we are planning on going to the Science Spectrum with Marnie and her kids. Caed was very excited about it today. Hopefully, things will still be good in the morning!!

Please pray for MORE EATING!!!!!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

TWO PLATES OF LASAGNA! WOOHOO! This makes all the praying I did while envisioning you guys in the PICU this week worth it! I was really worried when you didn't blog and prayed like crazy. So glad for a good day!

Anonymous said...

What an AWESOME God we serve! I was so excited when I read the blog! I can't wait to hear more about the two plates of lasagna! We're sure praying that you are on the down hill side of things! The Science museum thing sounds like ALOT of fun! There really have been some positives here--getting to spend so much time with family and friends, building those relationships that you might not have otherwise. Our wonderful God is in control of even the smallest details! Blessed be the Name of the Lord!
Hugs and kisses.
Love you all,
Tina

Anonymous said...

God does work in mysterious ways...lasagna!! How thankful we are that you all had a good day. Trials and sufferings are so hard...but the perspective they can put on life is priceless. God can use all this for His glory; hang on to His hand.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome day for you guys!! I hope you have fun today as well!!

Melissa Ballard

Anonymous said...

Jesus is amazing. He can make lasagna seem like a miracle. I started laughing with joy when I read that he had eaten 2 PLATES of it. Praise to God! He is most definitely worthy of it!