Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wed. 5/28 - update

Thank you God! Today was a very positive day. Caed woke up in a good mood (always a great sign). I began feeding him the Carnation Instant Breakfast (10 cc), and then every hour after I would alternate between that and a tsp. of yogurt. The norm is for it to be down for maybe 30 minutes and then he usually throws it up. I did this from 9:00 - 1:00 (5 feedings). Never once got sick! A huge step!! He took a short nap, and during that he threw up a couple of times (but very small). Then we started back on the eating every hour...this time I gave him a choice of a few more things. He still wanted to stick with the yogurt. I'm hoping he will learn that he HAS to eat "something" every hour and begin to ask for different things (instead of us force feeding). He got sick a few more times tonight, but again, was very little. He went outside for awhile and played with (my cousin) Marnie's kids. He hasn't talked very much today, but that's ok. I'll take the silence over the screaming. (can wear on your nerves!) Another praise is that his new TPN bags arrived today and they are now 1/2 the dosage and cut down to 12 hours!! That means he will only be "hooked up" mainly at night. (9:00 pm - 9:00 am) That will make it much easier for him to get up and be active or us go somewhere. His backpack can be very heavy and not much fun to carry all morning. However...I know this is probably a trial basis according to our GI dr. He wants to see Caed in several days to see how he is doing with the new amount/time.
I pray he can do well and we can go to his appt. and SURPRISE him at how well Caed is eating by mouth! We also got a call from the "Pediatric Behaviorist" today and we have our first appt. Mon. afternoon.

Todd and Reagan got to Celina ok. We were able to talk to each other via video phone on the computer. First time we've been able to use it. I had Todd walk around the house so Caed and I could see everything. I even made him open up the refrigerator! (Brad, if you're missing your soy sauce and refried beans...we've got them!) Caed's face lit up when they went to his room. I was a little worried at how he would react to seeing everything. It's amazing though. I can't begin to explain the feeling of seeing your home on the computer. A place of such familiarity, and yet so foreign. We've only been away 3 months. I can't imagine men and women in the service who are gone sometimes a year or more! I definitely have new empathy for them now. I am very thankful for the video phone. It helps us feel like we're home, and also gave me a picture of what it'll be like when Caed and I can walk through the door too. Tomorrow Reagan gets to go horseback riding with a group of fellow homeschoolers. She is looking so forward to that! Thank you Christy for watching her for us!

My parents and I have also had a good day. It's amazing how when Caed has good days...so do we! ha! My mom and I began going through ALL the bags and boxes from the hospital. I don't think even a picture can do it justice. Those are just Caed's toys. We are trying to get somewhat organized so the kids can better see what all there is to play with. Pretty difficult when everything's stuffed in bags. Thank you all again for thinking of them and sending such fun stuff! It helped in the hospital to take his mind of everything, and now we pray the books, toys, etc...will help again bring some normalcy to his life. I think of each of you when I look at it ALL! We are overly blessed to have such caring, supportive family and friends like you!



Christmas in May?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, our prayer team was praying tonight for Caed. When I read your message how Caed's body was absorbing the yogurt seemingly on a healthy basis, it was confirmation of our prayers for him.

What a mighty God we serve. He knows our needs before they are every spoken. He is good!

Lord, we give you Praise, Honor and Glory for what you are doing in Caed's life. We are so thankful to see progress! Thank you Lord for using us to pray! Thank you Lori for your obedience to keeping us informed on a daily basis. What a work God has done!

Lord, we don't take any of it for granted! We are so very thankful for the answers to our prayers. Continue to heal Caed emotionally. Thank you for the counseler you have sent for Caed. We speak your anointing to fall on him as your ministering hand goes forth! Praising you always! Amen!

The Richardsons
Randy, Nancy, Hillary and Matt
Signing out early @ 2:00 am

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the report today was good it made me feel much better.I pray that caed will heal and start trying differnt foods. I pray for a awesome day tomorrow and many more to come. I love you guys so much Addie 3am

Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful that Caed's little body seems to be healing even though very slowly. Thank you God for being SO faithful!
Thanks Lori for your prayers--you know how I am! Bridge arrived there safely and it's only 10 weeks!
I'm so glad Reagan got to go home for a little while!
Hugs and kisses to all.
Love you,
Tina

Anonymous said...

Caed,
Hey, you got some COOL TOYS! I want to play with them when you come home. I especially like the General Lee remote control car. I pray that you feel better.
Your Friend,
Cooper Raymond

Anonymous said...

Lori and Todd my prayers been with your family and will stay with you. I sure do miss seeing you guys but I know God puts us where he wants us to be. I'm glad you can see the progress. You have come a long way most of us will never know strong in your faith you are and it shows in the face of your children. Take care and we love you all. Oh tell Todd that Christopher left for the Navy last wednesday he signed for 8 years please add him to your prayers tha he will do good and be safe. Linda Coker

Anonymous said...

Well as I read my post you know by now my mind gets ahead of my hands and well spelling was never my thing. I know you will read the words that were left out. I hope it makes you laugh. Linda