Friday, May 2, 2008

FYI

I wanted to include a small explanation tonight. We have had so many people asking questions and very concerned with us still being here (Lubbock). #1 - we trust our drs. wholeheartedly! We believe that they will lead us to another hospital, etc...when they feel we have exhausted all our options here. The things that have happened thus far would have happened no matter where we were at (they had nothing to do with the drs. or their abilities). #2 - I am so sorry because I am the world's worst at translating what the drs. come in and tell us each day. I am a visual learner. If they would just start drawing pictures, I could better translate that info to you. ha! I feel like most days I am only telling you 50% of what they talk to us about. (again b/c either I couldn't remember it all, didn't totally understand it, or I didn't want the entire blog to be drs. reports.) I try to summarize the most important stuff. I hate that the only info you are hearing is coming from ME! I truly apologize. Others could do such a better job! We usually talk to 2-3 drs. daily and sometimes for 15-20 minutes at a time. That's a lot of info that we're getting and you are not. Very sorry! Please know that we are wanting what's absolute best for Caed. We are his parents!!! Therefore, if we for one second felt that our drs. were not giving him the utmost priority and care, we would go elsewhere in a heartbeat...even Kalamazoo!!! Right now, we feel very confident where we are at and again will go when they say "Go!" There are so many things that I don't fully understand (and of course I wouldn't...I didn't go to med-school) BUT....I do trust them!! We are here with Caed everyday and talk with the drs. everyday. It would be wrong of me to say that we are trusting God with all the details and have seen His hand throughout it, but yet NOT trust him with the drs. that He specifically had on call the night of March 1st!! God's in control of some things and not others? Absolutely not. That's why we are still trusting Him now. When/if GOD wants us to go for care somewhere else, He will open those doors and we will follow. It's easy to want to put the blame on the drs./hospital/location, etc... when things don't get fixed quick! But, our hope is not in those things. It ultimately is NOT them that will heal Caed...it is our Great Physician Jehovah-Rapha! Again, sorry this has turned into such a long blog, but I truly wanted to apologize for my lack of information each day. I know it would be so hard being on the side you're on and only getting brief summaries. Please just trust us while we TRUST HIM!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to him." (2 Chr. 16:9)

HE is strong when we are weak. Even though most have heard this since our Sunday school days, it doesn't really "hit home" until we experience it for ourselves. When we are at our weakest, it's like Jesus is right there, ready to caress away our stress and soothe our worries.

Thank you Jesus for being with this family. We love them dearly Lord, and please keep watch over them ALL.

Justin Torrez said...

hey mrs. H,this is Justin Torrez from Idalou, i don't know if you remember me or not ,but I what to let you know that you and your son are always in my prayers.Logan and I have been contemplating if we should maybe come and visit you or not, we just don't want to be a burden or anything. Also in AP English i have to write a thank you letter to someone that has played an important role in our lifes, and guess what that happens to be you. I aleast need a way to get this letter to you if possible.

heres my e-mail address let me know what you think. take care
JTorrez_51@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

WOW! Those are some kind of Big Football players...Do you think they would come see us? Do you think that's what our guardian angels look like? God is good.

What a handsome and thoughtful group of guys! What a special blessing to all that these young men who gave their time and plans to visit Caed! Lord, heap blessing upon them in return! Amen!

Lord, we have never seen the righteous forsaken. All things work together for His good! We expect your miracles Lord. We look every day for how you provide for all of us. We thank you that you order our steps and our path. You know our thoughts before they are ever spoken. Thank you Lord for answered prayers. We give Todd, Lori, Caed, Reagan and Caed to you, proclaiming your banner over them is love. Amen!

The Richardsons
Signing out @ 2:55 am
Passing the baton to you Addie.

Anonymous said...

Lori,
I understand that people's frustrations and concerns regarding the amount of time spent in Lubbock comes from genuine love and concern. I appreciate you sharing your heart in this situation. Considering all that you are going through your medical updates are great. You are better at explaining the medical information than I would ever be:)You ARE the parents and have Caed's best interest at heart. Everyone must trust you and Todd, the doctors, and above all, our Lord that decisions being made on Caed's behave are based solely on trusting God. I want to reaffirm for you that I believe God is in control. That is so evident in your blogs. As humans we can not hold up under our own strength in situations like this. God is holding you and Todd together. I encourage you to continue trusting God for direction. I will continue to pray for you and your family with an added prayer that you will not be burdened by people's comments, although out of love, but clearly heartbreaking and distracting to the situation at hand. You are loved and prayed for daily.

Anonymous said...

His ways are not our ways! Thank the Lord! I think you are doing a great job keeping us posted and with all the medical jargon that you so eloquently traslate for us!! I am so thankful that you are here and your family can help you care for your other children. It must be such peace of mind to have them so near and to have them at your mother's house! It would be so hard to tote them from friend to friend if you were somewhere different. I know Katey must love having you, even at odd hours of the day, just knowing she is a part of this ongoing trial. I am sure you long to be home and life to be normal, but I do know that God has His hand in all this and you are where you need to be for now. You are doing an amazing job and I love you, friend! Praying...Lesli

Anonymous said...

lori- your explanations of tests. procedures, condition, etc. on your updates have been very,very clear and thorough. i'm sure it is alot to take in and you are doing a very good job of communicating it to us. thank you!! please continue to keep us posted as we continue to lift you up in prayer. we love you and offer our support in every way possible!!
love,
susie

Anonymous said...

Lori and Todd,
Although, I have not posted a comment in the past, know that there are many people lifting up your situation. We are standing in the gap. Keep praising God, He is working through your journaling and tears. God bless, In the name of Jesus...hug

Anonymous said...

I was Megan's roommate in college. Our son went through heart surgery in Lubbock and people couldn't understand why we didn't go to Dallas. We had the same confidence and trust in the dr.'s in Lubbock and our care their was outstanding! You guys have been in our prayers!
Christine

Anonymous said...

Lori,
I too believe that God puts people in our path who are the people we need at the time. With our son, he was misdiagnosed the first two visits to the Dr. and was in excruciating pain for 6 days (ruptured appendix with pelvic abcess). People asked us the same thing about our Dr.s who misdiagnosed the first two visits, but we still go to them and have the utmost trust in them. Diagnosing children is not an exact science. I'm so glad to see and hear of your trust in the doctors you have now and agree with you that the Lord is in control of ALL things. We know that He loves us with an everlasting love. We are still praying for Caed and your family daily.
Jennifer in SC