Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sun. 6/1 - update



Why do you worry? What possible use does your worrying serve? You are aboard such a large ship that you would be unable to steer even if your Captain placed you at the helm. You would not even be able to adjust the sails, yet you worry as if you were the captain or the helmsman of the vessel. Be quiet, dear soul - God is the Master!

Do you think all the commotion and the uproar of this life is evidence that God has left His throne? He has not! His mighty steeds rush furiously ahead, and His chariots are the storms themselves. But the horses have bridles, and it is God who holds the reins, guiding the chariots as He wills!

Our God Jehovah is still the Master! Believe this and you will have peace. "Don't be afraid." (Matthew 14:27) Charles H. Spurgeon

Thank you Lord for bringing these words to me today. I desperately needed this reminder! Today was not a good day...

Caed's best part of each day is the 2 hours after he wakes up. Todd let me sleep late this morning, and when I woke up, he and Caed were out in the driveway playing with his remote control car (thanks Bill and Lois....he has loved it!). He was having the best time. I was so glad Todd got to see what I'd been telling him. After awhile, they came in and Reagan was fixing herself some cereal and asked Caed of he wanted any. Surprisingly he said YES! I think Reagan was just as shocked as we were. He ate a few bites, but mainly just wanted the milk. It was SUCH a huge moment for me. I know, crazy! It was simply Reagan & Caed sitting down together eating breakfast. However, when something so common and routine like this disappears...you treasure it when you see it again! Thank you God for this very simple moment!




I'm glad I did not know then what was to come after taking this picture. Maybe 30-45 minutes later, the crying, throwing up started. It literally lasted the rest of the day. We had not experienced a day like this in awhile. It's amazing how quickly you forget them after having such good days. I'm not sure if the "milk" was the problem or what? We will be very cautious next time. We have an appt. with his GI dr. Tues. I want to ask him if there are certain foods, etc...we should be avoiding. Early on, when I asked that, they said to just stay away from "fried or fatty." However, we may learn by trial and error what doesn't settle well with Caed.

Every once in awhile (particularly after he would get sick), we would have a brief "good spell." He and Reagan wanted to go back down to Logan's and play in the sand. What are we going to do when the workers use that big sand pile and it's gone? (how much do you love us Dale?) Anyway, they had fun for a short time, and then Caed began feeling bad again. Today was also a busy day for Todd and my dad. They cleaned out all 4 ponds. Literally took ALL day. Occasionally, we would go out and Caed would watch...but again, that didn't last long either. I began to get very down and doubt all the progress we had been seeing. I bet I had 100 different "what ifs" going through my mind all day. That's why today's devotional was so applicable for me! Lord, help us to stay strong on the bad days. Thank you SO MUCH for giving us the good ones. Help us not take them for granted nor stop praying!

It has been 3 months today! I was so hoping for a "monumental day" with him. Thank you God for reminding me that "Your timing" has nothing to do with the calendar, but rather when You have accomplished all You have ordained. I know there might still be people You want to reach through this that maybe haven't heard his story...or areas in OUR lives that still need refined. There are numerous reasons behind Your plan. Thank you that it is Yours and that YOU are the Great Captain of this ship. Help us to be still, quiet, and rest in where You are taking us. What grand and glorious things we would have missed out on if we were the ones in charge.



THANK YOU FBC Celina preschool choir for
this awesome t-shirt! (All the kids names
surround the entire shirt.) Caed smiled as
we read each one. You made him feel
very, very special!!


Our years in South Tx. by the beach
really paid off, don't you think?


Aahhh! Nice clean pond. We will add the fish
back in tomorrow. (you know our kids well
enough to know there was nothing
swimming in the water here!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, I don't if you remember me or not but I have been reading Caed's blog for almost a month now. Your faith is so strong and has brrn such a blessing to me. I am almost 70 years old and I don't remember when anything has touched me so profoundly. I read this blog every morning and then pray my heart out for you and caed and the rest of your family and always shed many tears, a lot for Caed and a lot for God touching my heart through you. My husband has been quite ill for some time now and you give me encouragement. By the way, my name is Sandra Poole and I am from FBC Edna. Your mom might remember me. I was the County Librarian for many years and met her there one day when she came in with Reagan. It was several years ago. Anyway, I just wanted you to know I am praying for Caed and my daughter-law (went to school at Tech) is praying also. She has a four year old also and your situation is breaking her heart. She is a sttong Christiian and keeps telling me God will prevail!

Anonymous said...

Caed,
You look great in the choir T-shirt! We were excited to see you wearing it. Cooper, Brittney, Heidi, and Tucker think it looks "awesome" and want one to wear also. Unfortunately, that is an Amy O. original.
We're praying for you Buddy, take it easy on the milk next time!
Ms. Bridget