Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tues. 5/6 - update



Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)


Well, we survived our first 24 hrs. home! Caed did great through the night. We got him a little toddler bed (only because it's lower to the ground and will be easier for him to get in and out of). He never woke up in pain, etc... Only "slapped" the bed (his way of getting our attention) a couple of times because he couldn't find his water. But, never made a peep. This morning was a different story. When we woke up, I guess he was thinking that since he is "home," he wouldn't be hooked up to anything. (usually wasn't when we would come out on our passes) He was VERY upset because we were having to follow him around with his TPN. He basically stayed on the couch most of the morning. Then, he went to his bed and took a nap. After he woke up, it would be time to get "unhooked." (3:00 - 8:00 pm) He wanted to go straight back to the couch, but we wouldn't let him. We encouraged him to come outside with everyone else. Finally, he came and had a little fun. The golf course was under water, so he loved be able to splash around. We also went for a walk in the wagon. Occasionally he would cry out in pain (?) and we would drain his G-tube to give some relief. He did throw up a few times, but the draining seems to help that. So, today was pretty typical of the last week. However, instead of it all happening in a hospital room, he was here at "home." I know that's got to make a difference. Dr. G's office called early this morning to see how he did overnight. We also survived all the "nursing" duties. It was a little nerve-racking, but I think the more I do it, the easier and more confident I will feel. Overall, we thank God for today! Todd keeps reminding me it's only the 1st day. We know we are taking baby steps, but steps none the less. Please continue to pray for his little body!! Also, for those of us here taking care of him. It can get very stressful in a hurry...with him crying, Caleb crying, Reagan needing something (also continuing her schooling), etc... Pray for my patience. God is definitely trying to teach me in this area. Megan and Xan are leaving tomorrow. They have been here 8 weeks!! We cannot begin to express our love and gratitude for what they have done for us! We TRULY could not have made it without her!! Thank you Megan and Stan for loving us so much that you would sacrifice your "normal" life and turn it upside down. We will never forget what you have done for us!! With that being said, that brings up another prayer request. We now have one less set of hands. Pray that my mom and I can handle it all (throughout the day).

As I am writing, I can hear in the distance the faint sound of a West Texas spring thunderstorm. I am reminded of what an awesome, powerful God we serve. This evening has been filled with strong winds, hail, heavy rains, lightning, and thunder (& a brief power outage!) Now, it is calm and the rains have diminished to a light sprinkle. I am very confident that all those living in this area are SO grateful for tonight! Although they may not have liked the "storm, " it still brought MUCH NEEDED rain. We are living in a "major storm" right now. The lightning has stung and the hail has beat us down, but oh!...we are so grateful for the "reign." Thank you God for reigning down on us!!!! We desperately need you! Thank you that you promise calm after the storm.

Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, and he brought them out of their distress. He stilled the storm to a whisper... (Psalm 107:28-29)


The little bed we got for Caed to sleep in


Thank you Celina Jr. High for the bear and
banner!! He has hung on to it all day.


Playing a little water golf


Playing water golf and splashing his sister...who
can ask for more fun?


Going for a walk around the block
(can you pick out the child who now hides
when the camera comes out?)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd & Lori-
Praise the Lord! I am so happy that you and Caed are getting a change of scenery. We will certainly continue to pray and I will be in touch to see what we can do now that you are in Idalou. So sorry I have allowed my crazy life to get in the way of visiting, but there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about and pray for you all!
Love you guys,
Allison

Anonymous said...

How exciting to hear what God has done on your behalf! Even arranging meetings on 19th St. in Lubbock. Lori, I haven't stopped interceding for little Caed. I have just been out of the country again. This time in Monterey, Mexico. Not by choice since I'm on call this month, but I try to be open to those "divine appointments" God so easily predestines! I was called out in the middle of church Sunday morning. So here it is Wednesday and I'm back!!!

It is now time for our prayer warriors to really get on board if they have fallen off. Now comes the true test of endurance but with God all things are possible. I am just so grateful you can communicate to us how to pray on a daily encounter. It is the little things that the enemy wants to taunt us with. Also wants to distance us from one another so we are not bonded.

But as I said before, I am still standing and fighting. God has brought us this far and we will not falter.

Lord, we come into your presence even now asking your continued touch upon Caed. As Caed is home, I ask you allow him not to be disappointed with himself or jealous of those around him that seem to have a normal life. Lord, please allow Caed to hear your word at every turn...to hear your voice that you have not abandoned him but you have been there all along and are still there. We speak courage and strength to the whole family as they minister to Caed. You have called out the rain, so let it rain down on Caed. You make all things new! Hallelujah! Let it rain and your power reign down from above! And within us. Let us not be cast down but be lifted up as Caed heals. You have been a great physician Lord. Thank you for the saints you have sent to minister to Caed.

So now Lord, we all give ourselves to you to strengthen our inner man as we are weak in the flesh but your word tells we are strong and will find grace in the time of need. All power in heaven and earth rests secure in your hands. It is a pleasure to see your word and your will upon us. We thank you for your victory thus far. Peace and joy in the name of Jesus. Amen.

The Richardsons
Randy, Nancy, Hillary & Matt
Signing out @ 1:59 a.m.

ps Addie, I'm a little early tonight. Just on the wrong time zone but handing the baton off to you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys when you talked about the rainstorm Lori it brought one song to my mind "Praise you in this storm"! I pray for healing Lord and for Lori to have strength to manage. I pray for Caed to adjust and want to do more things. I love you guys so much and miss you. addie

P.S D-now 08 Regin
It has this verese on our d-now shrits

Psalms 145:11-13
11) They will tell of the glory of your kingdom. 12)So that all men may know of your mighty acts and the glorious splender of your kingdom. 13) Your kingdom is an everlasting kindom and your dominion endures through the generatios. The Lord is faithfull to all his promises and loving toward all he has made.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to get to go home to NANA'S house. I remember when ya'll were in Edna, how excited Reagan and Caed would be when they got to go there. Sometimes gramdmas house is the true place of healing.(for you and Caed) I remember as a child myself when feeling lonley or blue I would go to my grandmothers house and everything would seem better. God does work in his own way and we cannot question it. Your faithfullness has been such a blessing and know that ALL of you are in my prayers. I pray everyday for Caeds little body to heal more, emotionally and physically.
Love you all
Sheri

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to tell my Sunday School class that Caed is "home" now. I'll print out a couple of the pictures again. Sunday, again, the kids remembered to pray for Caed, a little boy their age whom they've never met. Thank you for keeping up this blog so that we can know how you all are.

Father,
Thank You for continuing to be with Caed and his family. Father, love them - wrap Your arms around them - spread Your healing hands over Caed's body. Please give them strength and courage each step of the way.
In Jesus,
Amen

Your prayer partner in Albuquerque,
Debbie

Stacey said...

I hope all is well with you guys tonight (Wednesday). I've always managed to stay up until you posted... but I guess you guys beat me tonight! We're still praying like crazy all the time. I've learned alot about "praying continually" while praying for Caed...