Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tue. 5/27 - update

First of all I want to apologize if I scared some of you because of last night's blog. We have received many calls. I will explain. Yesterday wasn't really any different from the last several days. However, we all were exhausted, emotionally and physically. I have been so burdened by the fact that he is not tolerating anything by mouth. I had several moments the last few days where I literally felt "I can't do this anymore!!" (God quickly reminded me that I am not the one doing it anyway...He is!) Last night, I just felt the Lord telling me to rally the troops and simply ask for prayer! No update, no drama, no verses, no pictures...just ask them to PRAY!

Now I want to tell you about our night. Immediately I received several text messages from some dear friends just letting me know they were praying. Because Todd is here now, I decided to "get away" for a moment, so I slipped out to the hot tub to relax. It was wonderful! When I came in, I heard laughter coming from the bedroom. It was Todd, Reagan, and Caed. They were getting ready for bed and having such a good time. (so needed for all 3 of them!) Caed had a great night. Never woke up. I got to sleep late. And Caleb slept 12 hours! So, therefore my parents also got some needed rest. The last several nights Caed has been waking up several times through the night getting sick. He did not last night. I could easily say it was the medicine I gave him before bed. I could also say the good mood he was in was because his Daddy was here. I will not! I believe with all my heart it was because of ALL the prayers that were specifically lifted up last night!

Caed has had a decent day, I guess. He still threw up several times like normal, but not as much as he has in recent days. My mom, Caleb and I went shopping today. It was SO good just to get out of the house. Thank you Todd for allowing me to be able to have that time. It was desperately needed. I now feel refreshed, recharged and ready to go another week.

Please know that I may need to "rally the troops" again! Do not be alarmed. We ALWAYS need your prayers, and we thank you for continuing to do so on a regular basis. However, sometimes there will be times that it is needed more. And just like last night, I will not tell you what to pray specifically. The Lord knows and He will direct you.

Todd and Reagan will fly out for Celina in the morning. They will come back Sat. night. Reagan has been looking forward to getting back. I know she needs this time again.

*Bridgette...we love you and will be praying for you in Honduras this summer. God is and will continue to use you and your gifts to honor HIM!! (Tina, we will pray for you too. I know as her mama it's going to be hard to let her leave.)

WE LOVE YOU ALL!! Thank you that we have not had to go through this alone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori --
Not a day goes by that all of you do not cross my mind. We will continue to pray for each of you. Not only for Caed's healing but for the emotional and physical needs of each and every one of you.

Anonymous said...

We talked about Caed today planning the Children's Cattle Baron party in June. Everyone just wondered how he was doing. I have enjoyed checking in on you guys. He looks like he is having fun in lots of the photos. That is a prayer answered for me. You and Todd are great parents - I admire your strength and know you get it from your faith and wonderful circle of support.

You are in my prayers. I will
share one that I taught our preschool for years and sometimes when I need something to get me through I pray -

Jesus let me walk with you although my steps are small, Stay beside me,
hold my hand and never let me fall.

Amen

Have a great day.

Leslie Moss

Anonymous said...

hey guys
I pray that caed will just feel better and he will continue to heal. i can not wait to see reagan. i am so excited!! i will pray and will continue it. I love you guys so much and really miss you. addie 3am

Anonymous said...

Lori,

no apologies needed - as much as we want to hear updates, we must also realize that you need the freedom to take a break when needed. Thank you, Lord, for the peaceful night.

What an awesome privilege it is to be able to pray for Caed and for all of you.

Thank you again for your sweet spirit and your willingness to share this journey of faith.

Anonymous said...

I am a friend of Mindi Zanowiak's. She passed on the need for prayers for little Caed. I also passed it on to my church family in El Campo, Texas. We are praying for healing for Caed and peace for all of you. I have been inspired today by reading your postings and experiencing the faithfulness you have in God. May God bless your family. Stephanie Schulz

Anonymous said...

Here is a precious truth for thee, believer. Thou mayest be poor, or in suffering, or unknown, but for thine encouragement take a review of thy "calling" and the consequences that flow from it, and especially that blessed result here spoken of. As surely as thou art God's child today, so surely shall all thy trials soon be at an end, and thou shalt be rich to all the intents of bliss. Wait awhile, and that weary head shall wear the crown of glory, and that hand of labour shall grasp the palm-branch of victory. Lament not thy troubles, but rather rejoice that ere long thou wilt be where "there shall be neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain." The chariots of fire are at thy door, and a moment will suffice to bear thee to the glorified. The everlasting song is almost on thy lip. The portals of heaven stand open for thee. Think not that thou canst fail of entering into rest. If He hath called thee, nothing can divide thee from His love. Distress cannot sever the bond; the fire of persecution cannot burn the link; the hammer of hell cannot break the chain. Thou art secure; that voice which called thee at first, shall call thee yet again from earth to heaven, from death's dark gloom to immortality's unuttered splendours. Rest assured, the heart of Him who has justified thee beats with infinite love towards thee. Thou shalt soon be with the glorified, where thy portion is; thou art only waiting here to be made meet for the inheritance, and that done, the wings of angels shall waft thee far away, to the mount of peace, and joy, and blessedness, where,
—Morning and Evening

Bridge said...

just fyi... i´m here safe and sound and prayed for Caed the whole way on all of the different planes and over all of the beautiful creation God created...

I kept thinking that if God could create something so wonderful and beautiful... how much more does he love and care for his children-- caed, you, todd, and the rest of the family...

i will be looking for updates... and praying praying praying!

love you ALL!!