Monday, May 5, 2008

Mon. 5/5 - update

Today was a very BIG day! It started out very normal. (some pain/vomiting) Caed and I went for a ride in the wagon and ended up on the 2nd floor playroom. All of a sudden Dr. G came in. We discussed a few things and then she asked me if I felt comfortable with bringing him home. (that's kind of a loaded question) Yes! We want to and feel he will do better in a home environment...BUT, we are also scared to death! We talked for a while, and decided we needed to give this a try. So, for most of the day they worked on all his dismissal papers and also Home Health info. It was exciting thinking about leaving, but also very nerve-racking. I want to stress that he did not get dismissed because he is all well and doing so much better. He is doing fine, but we still have a long road ahead of us! We all decided this would be a "trial basis." It is a possibility he might have to be readmitted at some point. We PRAY not, but we are also not teasing ourselves into thinking everything is great now. We still need your prayers! Nothing with Caed has changed other than his address. We have seen how well he has done with the time-away passes, so we're hoping for the same on a more permanent level. His G-tube is still draining; although we are clamping it a lot through the day. He is also still on his TPN (19 hrs. /day). Caed has an appt. with Dr. G next Monday (or sooner if we have any problems) A Home Health nurse came out this evening and went over everything with us. She will come every Mon. and Thurs. (more if we need it) However, I think we can handle all the meds, etc... She will also draw blood at those times to continue making sure all his numbers are ok. I FOR SURE will be getting more nursing points after this!! We have had such a long day...everyone is exhausted. Things will certainly be different for awhile until we get in the swing of things. Remember when I wrote several days ago about wondering when it would be our turn to load our carts/wagons with all our belongings?....well, it took many, many trips up and down to get everything loaded. (thank you Tamara, Hayden, and Haylee for your help!) Those of you who have been to our room know what we talking about. The drs./nurses kept teasing us that we were going to need a U-Haul! Now, we feel like you do after you move. Things are just stuffed in bags, and we have no idea where anything is! Maybe that will be tomorrow's project.

Thank you for your prayers! Please continue to do so....we have taken a HUGE step today. Pray that he will only get better from this day on!

If you want to mail anything, you can keep sending them to Todd's mom, or mail them here to Idalou:
Ray Everitt
914 W. 9th St.
Idalou, TX 79329




Celebrating Cinco de Mayo



Saying good-bye to our sweet, sweet nurse



"home" at last!

7 comments:

Stacey said...

May I be the first poster to say "woohoo"! Glad I stayed up hitting refresh for the extra hour! Please let us know if we can do anything for you guys! I am so, so happy that you will not be stuck sitting in a hospital room day in and out for awhile! I'm so excited for you guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!!! I know that this is taking baby steps, but it's definitely a step in the right direction, especially for your souls. The Lord has put Ann (your mom, Lori) on my heart so much lately, and I just allow the Holy Spirit to intercede and pray for her when I think of her. We've been praying for ALL of you, but like I said, I KNOW that the Lord laid her on my heart for a reason! Tell her I miss seeing her beautiful smile, twinkling eyes, and warm spirit.

Dear Lord, please help Caed relax in his new situation,and to feel your presence with him, as a child can . We pray for strength and rest for Todd, Lori, Reagan, and even precious Caleb. Lord, use this beautiful home and your creation outside in this gorgeous yard, that's filled with your Spirit, to encourage, heal, and help this precious family to start piecing their lives back together. Lord, we thank you that they are where YOU have them, and please use this transitioning from hospital to home, to be a time of rest and healing for everyone! Lord, we don't understand everything, BUT we know that YOU are in control of this whole situation, and we just give you all the honor, and glory that YOU deserve! In Jesus' name... AMEN!

Lori..... one thing I'm certain of, that has been shown during this trial, is that you are a fantastic writer and journalist. I feel as though I am right there with you, and your thoughts allow us to know how to pray more specifically for your situation! God Bless You ALL !!! Love and Continued Prayers, Ike and Ann Peterson

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! I am so happy you got to go home Caed it is so exciting!! I love to hear good news. I pray for continued healing and strength as we journey down this unknown road the lord is with us he allways is.
Caed keep it up!! I love and miss you very much!! Addie:)

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! We do indeed serve an AWESOME God! I'll continue to pray for healing in Caed's little body and spirit. For more smiles,less pain and for things to work again! And for good days at home!
Love you all,
Tina

Fisher said...

Todd & Lori,
Congratulations on bringing Caed home. We know you have a long road, but we pray that it will only get better at this point. My sister, Teresa Knowles, is a Cubbies teacher in Celina and had asked me to pray for your family. Our sunday school class received an email from someone else in Lubbock asking for prayer too. It is amazing how many people are praying for Caed!

We realize that you have a lot of family support here in Lubbock, but please know that if you need anything during your time here, we are here to help in any way needed! We will continue to pray for your family.
Tiffany Fisher

Bridge said...

YEAH!! WHOO HOO!!! YIPPIE!!! I'm not sure which word works best or if all three are effective! What an awesome blog to read this morning! That is so very exciting! May the Father above guide you Nurse Lori =) in the care process of his precious child. You continue to be a blessing with keeping us all up to date and encouraged!

May this new step bring renewed strength and renewed spirits in all of your lives! Love All of You!!

Anonymous said...

This is such a good day. It just so happens it was my birthday the 5th and what a wonderful present it was to find out caed is better. I am keeping you todd and caed in my prayers. We Love Yall