Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wed. 9/24 - update

We had a very relaxing, peaceful day today. We never once left the hospital....a 1st! We did venture out of our room a few times, but just for short little walks down to the little convenience store or cafeteria.

I wasn't feeling very well yesterday and last night, so I decided we needed to just "take it easy" today. ( I feel much better by the way.....) This was my cleaning day. I got caught up on all laundry and tried to clean our little "house" a bit too. We do have housecleaning that comes everyday, but I didn't ask for it the past few days. So, I decided to do it myself. It was definitely a good feeling. A clean home is a clean home even if yours is only 500 sq. feet!

Caed drank his ORS mix pretty well today. I tasted it, and ......whew!..........very salty!!! But Caed seems to think it's just great. We never allowed him to drink lemonade the past 8 mos., so the fact that he can now.....I guess he's pretty excited. His appetite however has not been very good today. Has eaten hardly anything. Not sure if it has anything to do with the ORS drink or what? (he's supposed to drink 1 1/2 liters of it every day)

We're going to try to get another early bedtime again tonight. He'll have a stool sample and also lab draws in the morning.

Thank you SO much Ms. Tina for the pkg. of goodies!! What fun we're going to have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We love you very, very much!!



Tina, he wanted to walk around the
hospital this afternoon with his new
glasses.......thanks SO much!!!!!!!! ha!



had a headache after wearing them!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

BAHAHAHAHAHA love those glasses... ooo we had SO much fun getting those goodies PACKED into that box... i'm getting all practiced.. had SO much fun! enjoy it all!! love ya'll and still praying

Anonymous said...

Now that IS cute! Nice to have a little fun and laughter. Cordell

Anonymous said...

just wish i would have known to send two pairs of glasses! lol
hopefully the goodies will help to pass the time. bridge and i so enjoyed picking out the goodies and packing it all! fun! fun!
love you
Tina

Anonymous said...

Oh those glasses!!!! What a statement!!! Always good to see smiles!

Anonymous said...

I remember a pair of glasses that we put on in the eye doctor's office when we got so tickled that, well... I won't go on with that story and humiliate myself in front of all these people! You can laugh about it! I know you will!
Lesli

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori and Caed....What a good look on you! I need some new "specktacles" soon...do you think I could use yours! So glad you had a restful day and that you are feeling better...your sinuses/allergies "follow you everywhere" don't they! Hope you will have fun at the "sorta rodeo" with your friends....wear a mask so your allergies won't kick up again. What a sweet couple to have taken you both in...God's blessings on them! Hope Caed will eat better tomorrow and all is good at the lab, and hoping his C-diff is getting better. Played with Caleb yesterday and he is doing good with his crawling (except his little toes..so raw and red). Have a good day tomorrow....
Love you..sending hugs..MeMe

Stacey said...

AHHHH! The glasses pictures scared me!

Anonymous said...

Love the glasses good look on both of you!!!!! Lori, I pass by a church everyday on my way to work and they have a sign which displays a saying that changes every week or so. I cannot wait to read it daily eventhough it may say the same thing for a week but today it said "Don't tell God how big your storm is but tell your storm how big your God is" This is so true in all of our lives because everyone has a storm of some kind but I immediately thought of you and your family. Please remember that with all of us praying day in and day out we are all showing your storm how BIG OUR GOD IS. Just seeing the answers you have found in the short time you have been there are very encouraging. I continue to lift you up and pray for many more answers to come quickly. PS. loved the video of Caleb

Carolyn said...

Love Caed's new look! Still here and still praying as always.
In His love,
Carolyn O'Cain

Melissa B said...

Lori that is such a great look for you!! Beautimous!

*ErinSimmons* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*ErinSimmons* said...

Lori, it was so nice to meet you on tuesday! I would love to take the boys to the zoo one of these days if you guys would be up to it! Cdiff is the worst part of going to the hospital!!!!! When we go Collin can't touch anything at clinic or it seems like he gets it. Let me know if you need ANYTHING!!!!! Give me a call if you would like to talk...(520)861-3177! erin