Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sat. 9/6 - update

We made it to Celina just fine. Once again, it is such a surreal feeling being here in my home. (only the second time in 7 months!) However, the oddest feeling is the 4 of us being here, but no Caleb! He was only 3 weeks old when Caed first got sick, so having a baby in this house is not something we had fully gotten used to. We sure miss him!! Please pray specifically for my parents who will be primarily caring for Caleb (and Reagan when she flies back). We have zero worries and know they are in excellent care, but they will now be doing all of it (for many weeks). Also, continue to pray for my mom as she has been handed the substitute baton. We
spent most of the day yesterday going over each subject and all of the plans. Again, I have no concerns there. My mom may not have the "official" teaching degree, but she is most definitely a natural born teacher. The Lord has truly gifted her in this area. Reagan will not skip a beat with Nana in charge. The truth is, she'll probably flourish!!!!

We will go to church tomorrow and finish any final preparations for NE. Like I've stated many times, this is something we are so very excited about and truly feel the Lord opening this door for us. However....this is not going to be easy. Leaving Caleb in Lubbock.....Todd and Reagan flying back in about a week.......and then, Caed and I there alone. Our family will continue to be stretched. My dad told me something at the airport today as we were saying our good-byes......"Lori, remember the map! Remember the hundreds/thousands of people praying for Caed (and the rest of our family) ALL over this country and world!" Thank you that those of you reading this (wherever you are!) continue to bless us. God is using each of you to help us through such a scary, uncertain time in our lives. I will continue to say 'Thank You' until I'm blue in the face. We love you all so much and could not make it through without your love, support, and specifically prayers!!!! They are powerful!!!!!!

(**just something to make you smile...........Caed asked me tonight if they speak Spanish in Omaha!!)


Keep Grandaddy and Nana (and also Todd's
mom) in your prayers!!! As you can see, they have
their hands full!

7 comments:

Melissa B said...

Welcome Home - even if it is for a little while. I will continue to pray for you guys, I know it will be a rough few weeks, but you can do it!!

Anonymous said...

I wish we could be there at FBC this morning to see you and pray with everyone for you. Jeff is preaching at our church today. Lori, I'll be praying for you every day! And if you can think of anything we can do here in Celina for you or Todd, please let us know. God is so good and He will be right there with you and each member of your family. You are loved!
Amy O.

Anonymous said...

Lori, we will of course be praying for you. God WILL/HAS been glorified through your family! Only more to come! We love ALL of you!

Anonymous said...

We will continue to pray!
Love you all bunches
Tina

Carolyn said...

"And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." (Phil. 4:19)
"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)
God is working mighty things in your family. He will take loving care of all of you in all circumstances. My heart and prayers go with you all as you step forward once again to follow the Lord's leading. Sending my love to you all.
In His love,
Carolyn O'Cain

Anonymous said...

Your father is right. You have people praying for Caed all over the country...even those you don't know about! I live in Arizona, and read your journal frequently. My grandson is Connor ("short gut kid"), and you wrote a note in his journal. You included your blog address in the guest book, and I started reading about your son. You have a beautiful family. Good luck in Omaha. I hope you receive answers and a good "plan of action."
Connor's Nana

Stacey said...

I'm looking forward to reading about the new "plan of attack" when you get to Nebraska! Excited to see what answers and new ideas you guys get! Praying the trip is well worth the month away...