Monday, September 22, 2008

Mon. 9/22 - update

Had another busy day. Caed woke up fine this morning, ate a big breakfast of sausage and eggs (thanks to Jimmy Dean frozen breakfasts!), but then after about an hour he was out again........ Finally I was able to get him up around 10:45. I didn't call Brandi because we had an appt. to get blood drawn at 11:00. I figured if the CO2 was low again she would call me. Never heard from her the whole day. ???

After lunch we drove out to Bellevue to Carol and Cordell's house. Carol was going to take Caed and I to Fontenelle Forest. There is a board walk path through the forest right beside the Missouri River (where Lewis and Clark explored). It was very pretty. Caed had a fun time throwing acorns and other various nuts/fruits that fell along the path. Then, we drove over closer to the river and Caed again had a good time throwing rocks. (interesting to me....on the opposite side of the river is Iowa!) We then let Caed play for awhile at the park until Carol and I were worn out. ha! Then, we went back to their house for "homemade hamburgers." I say 'homemade' because all the hamburgers Caed and I have been eating have been fast food. There IS a difference! They were very good Cordell! Thank you both again for taking us in. I know you will become our "lifelong" friends.









When we finally got back to the hospital this evening, we got a message from the front desk that we had a package. I had asked my mom to box up some of Caed's toys..............then, when we have to leave, I will mail them back. Don't have the room in any suitcase. Anyway, Caed was SO excited! You would have thought it was Christmas here. At first he said, "Oh look Mommy! Now I have 2 of these!" He thought they had sent him all new toys! He has had fun though having more things to play with. We had a few things here, but this should really keep him busy. Thank you Reagan for picking out the ones you knew he would especially like!

Clinic appt. in the morning. I always look forward to Tuesdays. We have been able to spend close to 2 hrs. with the drs. at these appts.!!


talking to Reagan on the phone and
thanking her for his "presents."


2 comments:

Melissa B said...

Gotta love that smile!!

Unknown said...

Lori - It is fun to watch you turn your "hotel home" into a real home through all of these photos. I agree with the previous poster, you really should think about publishing this blog some day. Wanted you to know that I think and pray for you often.
- Cynthia Helton