Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tues. 4/1 - update

One month ago tonight we were in the ER just moments from Caed under going major abdominal surgery. The memories from that horrible day/night are sometimes too much to think about. We were so close to losing him!!!! HOWEVER.....those same memories also provide us with such hope and gratitude. The Lord was in this from the beginning, and we are confident He isn't going anywhere now. It's amazing to look back at each day and see how far we've come (even though at times we sure don't feel it). We take great comfort in the Faithfulness of our God. We have seen how He has carried us in the past, therefore we expect nothing less than His future grace.

I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore have HOPE: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him. The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him. Lamentations 3:19-25

Update on Caed today: not a good day. He threw up or had diarrhea ALL day every 30 minutes or so. I never saw a smile. I know he was pretty miserable the whole day. He also had LOTS of anger toward the nurses. You could see it in his eyes. There were times he wasn't too happy with me either. But tonight, after he had gotten sick (again), he whispered, "I love you Mommy." My heart melted. It's always nice to hear your child say those words, but after being with him all day and seeing how much misery he had been in, it spoke volumes to me. Please pray for a restful night. (and not just because I have "night duty" tonight...ha!) He is one exhausted little boy (getting messed with continually all day long). Thank you again for all the support you are pouring out on us!! It's truly overwhelming!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd & Lori,
Hardly a day goes by that we don't read your messages. This weekend I was away and didn't have access to my computer so I couldn't wait to get home and "check on Caed". I thought so much of all of you as we studied the book of Isaiah at the retreat I attended. I was reminded that God is greater than our most impossible task. He is incomprehensible and unequaled. His strength and power are available to those who trust in Him.

"See, the Sovereign Lord comes with power and His arm rules for Him. He tends His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:10,11

"Do not fear, for I am with you...do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and who says, do not fear; I will help you. You will rejoice in the Lord and glory in the Holy One of Israel."

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed say the Lord, who has compassion on you." Isaiah 54:10

Isaiah 49 say "I have engraved you on the palm of my hand".

Rest in His power, strength and faithfulness.

We have not stopped praying for you! How wonderful to see pictures of Caed enjoying the park...
Pam, Toby, Ryan and Connor

Anonymous said...

hey caed
checking in at 3:00 am i am so proud of you and the progress you have made so far! god has always been on your side and theres no doubt he is there now. i luv you so much and am so very proud of you hang in there
addie

angie gorman said...

Todd, Lori
Hi there I am flad to hear that Caed is having good days but then it just breaks my heart that he is still having so much trouble on others. I am glad to hear that he got to go to the park again. The pictures tell me that he loves it there and that he hopes to be able to go there alot in the furture. I hope that he got his package, its not much but I thought that he would enjoy the books and colors. Tyler says hang in there that things will get better for all of you again, Todd. We are still praying and sending our wishes and love tht Caed will get better and in my heart I know that with Gods Caed will be your little boy again real soon. I will be waiting for your next update reall soon, but in the mean while I don't want to keep you long so take care and we will talk soon. Love, Angie, Tyler, Kevin, Robert Gorman

Anonymous said...

Lori,
I know I've never met you, though I feel as though I know you! I'm Megan's friend and my son went through a similar time in Sept-Nov. with a ruptured appendix, pelvic abcess and later appendectomy,lots of IV's,PIC line, NG tube, TPN, JP drain etc... so I can understand what you are experiencing. Not a day goes by in which I do not still feel overwhelmed with God's amazing mercy in Richard's situation and close call with death. When I read about Caed having diarrhea, I felt encouraged that the bowel system is starting to work. Richard did the same and it was very tiring for a few days, but then eventually things began working normally. I pray the same for Caed. Our Creator knows our frame inside and out and I pray that that will bring you comfort knowing that He has Caed exactly where He wants him right now.
Jennifer in SC

Unknown said...

clindamycin capsule is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. It is an antibiotic that works by stopping the growth of bacteria. This antibiotic treats only bacterial infections. It will not work for virus infections.