Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sat. 4/26 - update

Not too much to report today. Caed woke up this morning w/ some pains. (no vomiting though) They are still draining his G-tube continually, so that is helping him not throw up. They increased his feedings to 10 cc., which explains the cramping. When they increase it, he usually hurts for awhile until his body gets adjusted. We went outside some this afternoon and enjoyed the beautiful weather.

My mom, Megan and I (along with Xan and Caleb) went out again this afternoon. We went to eat at an actual "sit down" restaurant. (I know...it's shocking!) I surprised myself at how little I worried about Caed or experienced the "guilt" from being away. It was nice again to get out during the day. Thank you Daddy (again) for allowing me to do so! We went and picked Caed up some games (Connect 4, Hungry Hippos, etc..) I know he will be very excited.

Sorry it's so brief tonight. I am in a hurry to get back up to the hospital. Will tell you more about a special package we got in the mail today along with some pictures (in tomorrow's blog).

We love you all....................!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Checking in @ 2:00 a.m. Lori, I am so happy God provided a much needed and special time just for you today. It was "LADIES DAY" all day. Here in Fredericksburg, TX, the Ladies Retreat ministry group have EACH received a touch from the Lord. God moved in a powerful way all day especially tonight at our dinner meeting. We have been changed forever. We missed having you with us but we were with you in spirit and heart. Someone just asked me what the word was about Caed...just curious! I then realized it was almost 2:00 a.m. I needed to find a computer @ the hotel. So here I am as He provided again with no hinderance. We have continually been praying for you, Todd, Caed, Reagan, and Caleb. God is working in a mighty way. We can't even imagine how much He loves us, His children. We thank Him for giving us each a special time of healing and deliverance. We praise Him for working in our lives so strongly. We give Him all glory and honor and power forever. Amen!

Nancy and my 29 sisters
Signing off @ 2:59 a.m. - passing the baton to Addie

Anonymous said...

Hey I am so happy you got out again today Lori! Caed will love those games i am excited to hear more. I am praying for you Addie

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that Caed is not throwing up and I am also glad that you got to eat at a sit down resturaunt! And I also hope Caed likes his new games!

love,
Sam Owen