Monday, April 28, 2008

Mon. 4/28 - update

Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But REJOICE that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.
(1 Peter 4:12-13)

Today began with lots of pain! He woke up this morning to it, and has continued throughout the day. We are not sure what the cause is...possibly his body over did it yesterday (the most walking, etc...he has done in 2 mos.) and he is just sore, or because of all the activity his gut is starting to "move" more, or.......? We have no idea. They did increase his feedings to 14 last night. We don't think that is the cause, but we just don't know. The pain got so bad and we had exhausted our "list" of meds he could have, so one of the NP's prescribed some Demoral. We didn't think he would even be able to use his time-away pass today because of the pain. However, he wanted to go SO badly. We knew we could play it by ear and come back to the hospital if it got unbearable. He did good today however. We came back out to Idalou. He fed the fish again, and mainly played with his cousin Xan. They played in the gravel, rode the jeep and the PPV, played down in the basement with musical instruments, played Wii, and watched some movies. A few times he cried out in pain or had to sit/lay to rest awhile. One problem we are having is that when it's time to go back to the hospital, he doesn't want to. I think it will either get easier and he will figure out our daily routine, or harder as we come out each day. But regardless, we are still seeing how beneficial is it for his body and spirit. Please pray that the pain he is experiencing is "good pain." It's hard to see him suffer and our minds always go back to March 1st. (the day this all started and the severe pain he was in) Also pray that the pain will lessen and eventually just BE GONE!! We were so encouraged yesterday and our hearts were overflowing with joy as we watched him be a little boy again. However, today has been very difficult. We made it through and know that there will probably be more days like it to come. We're just trying to look at it as "baby steps." (even though to us they are GIANT!) When we look back at where we were 2 months ago, he truly has made lots of progress! It's just hard when you're living it day by day. (time seems to go so slow)

Todd and Reagan flew in this morning. It was so good to have them back. Caed was very excited when they walked into his room. However, we are now seeing that Todd will only be able to be here with Caed on Mondays and Tuesdays. He will need to be in Celina Wed.-Sun. for the next month. My heart breaks and I can get so frustrated at the feeling of having to do this alone, but I know this is just how it has to be. The Lord has brought us this far, He will not leave us now. This past week with Todd being gone was hard, but not unbearable. (I am ready to crash tonight though!!) I know it was the Lord giving me strength, good night's rests, and providing my parents some extra time to come help out. I do not need to worry about what's to come. God will not put me in a situation without also providing me everything I need.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support. We are taking some big steps toward a FULL RECOVERY, and can't wait for the day we can post "We're finally home!"


playing the keyboard with Grandaddy


Caed wanted to find Zack the kitty so bad!
Nana finally caught him


Xan and Caed going for a cruise


Xan, Caed, and Mommy in the PPV


Xan and Caed playing beautiful music together
(not sure about the beautiful, but it was definitely
loud!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori-

As I started to read this post, the song, "Our God is Mighty to Save" came on! I don't belive it's a coincedence. "The word of our Lord holds true and everything He does is worthy of our trust." We're continuing to pray for all of you!


Love ya-

Bethany

Anonymous said...

Lori, You are always in my thoughts. Lord Jesus Christ will get you through what ever comes your way. He has shown us that already. I know the thought of Todd being gone longer is scary. But Caed is doing so much better and is going to contunie to get better. He never puts on us what we can't handle. We just have to believe in him. I live,breath this blog every day. You guys are so far that this is my place to come and know what is going on. I thank you Lori for you word of wisdom and the devotion that you have every day to update the blog. Lord I come to you now just lifting up Lori in her time of need and take away her worrie of the things to come. You will provide and take care of her needs and the familys. I pray that you keep healing Caeds body that you comfort him in his pain. We love you of Lord. You are the almighty and you do take care of us. Just like sending your son to die for our sins. We Praise You in This Storm. Amen. We love you guys and Miss you. Keri

Stacey said...

I'd always be happy to come take a night whenever you need one away... I'm a nurse so I've got a good resume!

Anonymous said...

Hey it is 3am. I am so amazed at the progress he has made. It is just so amazing! I pray for you Lori when Todd leaves. Also when Caed has thoughs bad days you have to push through. I pray the pain will go away and you guys will come home soon. I love you. Addie

Anonymous said...

Lori, I have been in Toronto with no computer access. I'm in San Diego tonight. Be home for Thursday, May 1, National Day of Prayer.

Will be praying for Caed all day along with the whole country as part of the Christian prayer warriors for the United States.

I will send you a note about what I observed from Caed in the picture of FAM. Hopefully it will be of help to you.

Blessings to overcome you by the holy spirit. Amen.

Nancy, Randy, Hillary & Matt