Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sat. 6/14 - update



But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him and BY HIS WOUNDS WE ARE HEALED. (Isaiah 53:5)

I took this picture several weeks ago simply for our sake. The picture queen that I am wanted a tangible memory of what lies underneath Caed's clothing. Sometimes it's easy for me to forget this. I see him smiling, laughing, playing, dancing, and even eating...and I forget. I debated whether to post this picture. In no way am I wanting to "exploit" Caed. His abdomen is something he is extremely protective of and doesn't like looking at (much less everyone else). Todd noticed him examining himself in the mirror a few days ago. It's so hard for him not only to process what he's been through, but also the gadgets that still cling to his little body.

Have you ever wondered why we have scars? Not all cuts and scrapes leave permanent marks. Obviously we have all experienced many paper cuts in our lifetime. Yet, as I look on my fingers, I see no evidence of such. There are others however on my body that happened at a very young age, and the scars are still there as a reminder. Those were much deeper wounds. I think God uses our scars (whether physical or emotional) for many reasons. One would be as a reminder of where we've been, how He pulled us through, and how He ultimately used the pain for good. Look at your own scars. If it's a large enough one it probably brings back memories of lots of pain. I had 3 c-sections and the scars to prove it. Oh yes!! How the memories of those few days/weeks after surgery are still haunting. There was lots of pain involved. However, now....it's just a marking on my body that reminds me of my 3 beautiful children. He turns our ashes into beauty! Sometimes we may see immediately and very clearly the good that He brought about through our pain. Other times it may be several years. And yet others still may not be seen until we reach heaven. Although our scars are not very pretty (and our world has even come up with marketing products to hide them), let's remember the BEAUTY that He alone can bring from them!

Caed's days are now becoming fairly consistent. So far...he has only thrown up once. He ate supper tonight, although we're talking only a few small bites. That's ok, and in fact, seeing him sit at the table the last 2 evenings and "eat" with the rest of us is ABSOLUTE ANSWERED PRAYER! This is something we prayed for once he got home. We try not to make an issue of his eating, but rather treat him like normal. (just have to watch what we serve and remind him to go slow!)


eating supper outside with Reagan & Haylee



Nana brought 3 new turtles home today:
(Sunshine, Baby, & Rose)



Caed holding "Baby"


Taking a shower

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the picture. It makes it seem so real since we have been seeing so much improvement. It reminds us of how far Caed has come and further to go but with God's protective hand he will again be free of all this. You are all such an inspiration to me and have lifted me up each day with your blog. I pray for all of you each day.
God had a very special boy who needed very special parents and he chose you because he knew you could be such a witness to so many thru this.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hollingsworth gang, Oh how i have longed for the days of good news. Fingers crossed everyday, prayer on my breath for you guys to get better and come home. Im trying to keep myself in control about you guys coming home for a visit it. But just wanting to see the house across the street with kids running and laughing. Sorry Todd but looking at you can get old Ha. The girls are ready too. Caed Addie has big plans for you when she sees you. We love you and can't wait to see you in person.
Dear Lord i just want to say thank you for taking care of Caed and his family. Thank you for the Dr. you have sent for the people that have help the family out and just for sending you angles over this family and their needs. You are always there by our sides. Taking care of us. Thank you for sending this family to Celina,across the street from us. Just making them a part of ours lives. We love you and praise you in everything you do. Amen
Lori hang in there. we love you and hope and cross our fingers to see you soon. God bless you . Reagan we love you too and can't wait to see you. Bye Keri

Bridge said...

Wow! what an encouraging blog to read today. I'm so glad to read Caed is having good progress. Still praying way down here!

Scars-- wow! What a wonderful way to think of them. I just got back from one of the islands where we snorkled... I got a pretty nasty cut on my hand from the coral- that I'm sure will leave a scar... but you're right Lori-- how many wonderful memories and stories will I have from this scar.

Love Ya'll!