Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wed. 6/18 - update

Same song...5th verse! I'm sorry the updates are not very informative these last few days. However, I guess there's a part of me that likes it this way. After Reagan's swimming lesson, we all headed to Lubbock. We ran an errand, and then my mom had to go to an appt. So....there I was sitting in the parking lot with all 3 by myself! First time. I have to admit I was very nervous. Then, of course Caleb starts screaming, Caed begins throwing up, and Reagan is begging me for some lunch! Just the thing I feared. I had no idea where to go or what to do. We sat there for a few minutes...tried to get everyone calmed down (including Mommy), and then I decided to call one of my best friends, Marilyn. She has 3 little ones of her own and I hated to barge in on her (during naptime none the less). We spent most of the afternoon over at her house. Sure it was crazy (with 6 kids under 8)...but the Lord knew that we BOTH needed that time so desperately. Thank you Marilyn!!

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother (or sister!) Proverbs 18:24


Caed had his normal day as far as pain/vomiting, etc... Overall, it was pretty good. However, as I type it is 10:45pm...Caed is down in the basement eating Cheez-its! Oh boy....might be a long night! He ate 1/2 a plain waffle this morning, but it came up 2 hrs. later. So far, he's had 5-6 cheez-its, so hopefully they will STAY DOWN!! He is in such a good, happy mood right now, and I hate to send him to bed. (probably the most playful he's been all day) He is wanting to give his horse a bath in the sink. He normally goes to bed around 9:30 - 10, but tonight he may stay up with the girls (Reagan & Bergan). Don't tell our GI dr. it's 11:00 and he's still not "hooked up" to TPN or G-tube feedings. Our little secret (across this discrete world wide web!)....................!

Todd sent us a picture earlier. He is at a Rangers game with the youth. The kids and I sent him one back with us "on the couch!" He was real surprised!

Many have asked me about our trip to Celina. I guess I didn't make it very clear. We are just going for our first visit home. We will only be gone 3 days. BUT...3 days at home in our own beds...3 days playing in the cul-d-sac...3 days getting to see our sweet friends and church family...and 3 days we can be together as a new family of 5 in OUR HOME!


Had a full day with no nap


If our legs were only a tad bit
longer!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see a full cul-de-sac again! It's not the same without you guys here.
We HAVE prayed, and will continue to do so until you guys are home to stay!
Lots of love, prayers, and blessings,
The Johnsons
Paul
Lisa
Ashley
Amber

Anonymous said...

I cant wait till you come home!! 2 days left!! I am very happpy he ate today!! I pray for you guys continusly. The cul-d-sac has been very lonely without the only boy here (well i guess it is two boys now)I cant wait to see ALL of you!! I love you guys so much addie

TERS! said...

So excited for the cul-de-sac reunion... :) Of course you all know, whatever you need, we are ALL here...

Love ya,
House of Williams
Teri, Lee, Haley and Panna!

Anonymous said...

Lori,
Thank YOU so much for spending time with me yesterday. The Lord knew we needed friend time! You know that I love you and am praying for you and your family. Our women's Bible Study prayed for yall as well this morning. Your story and "blog" are such an encouragement for so many people! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings and God's faithfullness, not just to me, but with so MANY others!
Mar

Unknown said...

hydroquinone cream apart from its effects on the skin, it has been found to expose users to acute toxicity from oral exposure and it can also cause diseases such as thyroid disorder, leukemia, and liver damage.