Monday, June 9, 2008

Mon. 6/9 - update

I call on You, O God, for You will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer. (Psalm 17:6)

Oh God! Hear our prayers tonight! Allow Caed to rest well. Help his little tummy to tolerate the feedings. God...PLEASE allow this is work, so he can begin getting off his TPN! You are so faithful and merciful to us. You have lavished your grace on us, and we thank you for bringing us this far. Give us strength to continue on...


Our GI dr. wants to try a different formula (for the G-tube feeds) since the other one was obviously not being tolerated very well. It is so hard. Caed has had 2 good days (b/c of no feeds), and I hate hooking his G-tube up knowing I could be causing him to really suffer tomorrow. OR....this could be just what his body needed, and all be great! I guess only time will tell. Most of you will not be reading this until morning, but our prayer TONIGHT is for this to help him (instead of hurt him). I feel so burdened by this! I have shared this before, but just looking into his "yellow eyes" is very difficult. A constant reminder of his dire condition. He ran low grade temp again today. (only once) And this is the 3-4th day he has commented on his back hurting. I'm no medical dr., but I know that is not a good sign. PLEASE Lord, protect his body from the enemy who is out to destroy it!


Caed felt pretty good all day (except for the normal vomiting...but even that was less today). This morning he and Todd played Wii for quite a while (longer than he has previously). By noon, his HH nurse had come, and that's about the time we saw the change. (tired, running fever, etc....) After his nap this afternoon, he woke up great. We got a call from my sister-n-law Tamara and decided to go to Lubbock to meet she and (cousin) Haylee. Reagan has been so excited for her to come out and stay for awhile. Once there, and seeing that Caed was doing well, we decided to use his Putt-Putt coupons one of his nurses at the hospital gave him (thanks Laura!!!). They all had a great time, and Caed did wonderful. So good in fact, he made a hole-in-one on his first shot! I worried that he might get tired going through 18 holes, but he didn't! After they finished, the kids wanted to go play on a big playground. He got sick after awhile, but then was ok again. We went to Sonic and he even wanted a milkshake. (not sure how much he actually drank though). We had a long day, but a very good one.


Reagan went to VBS at FBC Lubbock (my parents' church) today. She went with a good friend Megan Scott. She and Haylee will head back tomorrow, and I think they will also be getting to go to the Science Spectrum afterwards. They have a busy week planned! We had thought about Todd taking Caed to see Kung Fu Panda tomorrow while the girls are at VBS, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how the feeding affects him.



playing Wii





we're practicing our "guns up"

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Will pray specifically that this feeding is better than the last! Caleb is sooo cute! I hope you guys get some rest tonight!