Friday, June 6, 2008

Fri. 6/6 - update

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:16-18)


Today was a VERY difficult day! Last night we started the G-tube feedings. I guess I was expecting much worse through the night. He did wake up 3-4 times not feeling well, but it wasn't the crying in pain that I thought. Just restless or groaning. Then this morning the vomiting began, and it lasted the entire day! He might feel ok for a few minutes, and then he would get "the look" on his face and soon after, throw up. He never wanted anything to eat. And it was hard for me to encourage him to do so since he was throwing up continually. I'm not sure whether his body just needs to get used to the feedings, or if he just doesn't do well on this formula or what? Today reminded me so much of many days back in the hospital. Lots of crying, throwing up, anger, etc.... The best he felt all day was later this evening. He went the longest without getting sick. (maybe 2 hours) He also ran a little temp this morning (101). Not sure why. It was hard hooking him back up to the feeding pump tonight. Almost knowing it will probably cause him to be sick again, and yet I HAD to do it. Although my dad and I agreed we needed to at least give it another day. (before calling GI dr.)

Caed has been looking so forward to these new Disney movies coming out tomorrow. However, the way things went today, I'm too scared to take him anywhere. Please pray he will have a restful night.....better day tomorrow....and that we can have wisdom to know whether to continue trying the feedings. Our dr. told us if he began getting sick on it, we could stop it. I just can't help but think he was having better days before we did this. However, I know it is also very important his gut starts healing more so he can eat by mouth and GET OFF the TPN!!!! (which is the reason for the feedings)

Lord, You are in control!! Please give us and the drs. wisdom to discern what the best treatment for Caed should be. Thank You for already healing his body like You have. You have shown us Your MERCY!!! Help us day by day to be patient, and for me to show Caed love and compassion in my care over him.


My good friend Lesli (and her kids) came to visit
and brought water balloons! Marnie and her 3
also joined in the fun. We had a yard full!!


Heard the ice cream man again!


1 comment:

Bridge said...

praying praying praying for all of you and for wisdom!

Love you all