Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wed. 10/29 - update

Nothing really to report other than my computer got sick today. It is now in the hands of the faithful Geek Squad. Hopefully it will be back to new in no time. So, I am having to use the computers here in the Resource Room. Only bad thing (for me) is I can't upload any pictures.

Tomorrow is a big day for us. Todd is flying in! The kids are so excited and once again have BIG plans for him. We are planning on going to the Fall Festival at Life Spring Church (where we have been attending the past 6 weeks) on Friday. Reagan and Caed have their costumes ready and are very excited. I'm glad Todd will get to be here for it as well.

Todd coming brings great excitement, but honestly.....it saddens me. You're on such a 'high' when people come to visit, and then such a 'low' after they leave. This means I have only 6 more days left with Reagan. After they both leave, it's just back to Caed and I. It has been SO GOOD for him to have everybody here (especially his sister). I pray he doesn't get too depressed with no one left to play with.

Reagan will head back with Todd on Tues. I mentioned it to her today, and she got tears in her eyes. I KNOW she loves being there in Idalou. She has certainly missed her best buddy and cousin, Bergan. But, I guess it goes back to leaving Mommy & Caed again, and our family being separated further. Please begin praying for her. Pray for Tues. It's going to be a very difficult day for everyone..............................

7 comments:

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Hey yall,
I am praying that Todd will have a safe trip to Nebraska!!!Have a week full of Joy and fun.
-Ashley Giblin

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all already! Have a wonderful time with Todd there!
Love you all,
Tina

Stacey said...

Excited for you that Todd gets to come! I hope they fix your computer quick! We'll be praying for the transition time after Todd's visit.

Carolyn said...

Enjoy your time together. God's faithfulness will make the parting possible and He will give you the grace and peace to go on "alone". My heart goes out to all of you and my prayers continue for all. It's hard to believe that you've been there for 6 weeks! God is working His mighty miracles for your awesome testimony in all of this. Praise Him!
Sending my love, hugs, and prayers as always.
In His love,
Carolyn O'Cain

MamaMathis said...

Dear Lori, I am Rhonda and a college friend of J. and Tana Free. We continue to pray for your Caed! It had never occurred to me (being the nerd I am) that I could click on your name and it would take me straight to your blog. Your family is beautiful! May you be blessed with much peace as you continue on this journey and continue to glorify Him in encouraging so many with your story.

In Him,
Rhonda Mathis

Anonymous said...

Lori,
The information links that you have added to your blog regarding Short Bowel Syndrom are truely a blessing. It gives one a better understanding of just what is going on in Caed's little body. Isn't it amazing that our Lord 'knit us together' in such a way that seems so complicated to us, but is totally understandable to Him? I am trusting that He will place His hands right inside Caed and heal him.
Joni Taylor