Sunday, October 19, 2008

3 of my greatest blessings

My heart is full tonight. I have spent a wonderful week with my parents and Reagan / Caleb. It has of course flown by..... and now we only have 1 day left. We have decided to let Reagan stay here until Todd flies up the end of Oct. (then she will head back when he does) We gave her the choice, and she was very excited to get to spend a few more days here with Mommy and Caed. (and also get to see her Daddy soon as well) I am SO thankful for this week! However.....I am already dreading tomorrow knowing it will be our last with Caleb.

The Lord knew how desperately I needed to see Reagan and Caleb, but I have also seen that He had another reason for the visit. I will not go into detail, but simply to say God always knows best!!! When we cannot see or understand His ways, we are told to simply 'trust.' Just like a parent to a child. There continue to be many things that I DO NOT understand. But....I am thankful when God sometimes shows us and gives us glimpses of the 'big picture.' He has done that for me this week.







Kiss #952...........



Kiss #953.........







Reagan and Caed have had lots of fun together. However, like I was telling Todd last night on the phone......Caed has sure been getting in lots of trouble this week as well. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he is so excited to have her here. He has been a little wild. ha! Also, the weather has been cooler (& some rain), so they have had to be cooped up in this room a lot. Never a good thing for a 5 yr. old boy especially. Despite a few 'minor fights'.....I can tell it has been so good for them both. This past year has been pretty tough on the two of them. They have always been close and since they are homeschooled....they are each other's primary playmate. I love that! They have had to be separated close to 5 months since this all happened. I am SO glad Reagan is able to stay here with us a couple more weeks! Not just for Caed and her sake....but also MINE!!! I have been taking over her schoolwork again this week, and I realized how much I have missed it. (although my mom and I have laughed at the fact that I prepared lesson plans for her while I was gone, but now my mom is one who has had to tell me what is going on. The sub is having to make plans for the teacher! ha!)

We had a good day today. And even though tomorrow is going to be tough (emotionally for me!), I don't want that to affect our last day together. Pray we can have another great one!!!!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! love the pics!! soo cute! praying hard for you lori! rest in the father and cherish the sweet time you have left!!

Tana Free said...

Lori,
Tana here. Just wanted you to know that we haven't forgotten you. The pictures are wonderful! I am sooooooo glad the visit is going well and that Reagan is staying just a bit longer. It is probably doing you a world of good just to do the normal thing and teach the kids yourself for a while. Caleb not only looks so big and handsome and happy, the look in his eyes says, "I love my Mommy!". Hang in there, we will be praying for you, and I can't wait to hear what Dr. Mercer says on the 21st. May Christ's love surround you. Tana

Carolyn said...

How wonderful that Reagan is going to stay with you for a while longer. Good for all of you. Will continue to pray for Caed's healing so all of you can be reunited as soon as possible. God is doing mighty things in all of this. You're going to have an awesome testimony to share.
Sending my love, hugs, and prayers.
In His love,
Carolyn O'Cain