Monday, March 24, 2008

Wed. 3/26 - update

Today again was filled with lots of pain! He just generally felt very lousy all day. Still running a low grade fever. They are doing a blood culture just to make sure there is no new infection looming. They did go ahead with the upper GI this morning. Poor guy....when we entered the room, he saw the dr. and said, "I don't want that drink!" However, they gave him the chocolate version this time, and he drank it better. We could see it moving fairly quickly through the stomach and then once it hit the sm. intestine it just stopped. (or slowed down greatly!) Throughout the day the x-ray tech came to our room to get more pictures. The last one will either be late tonight or in the morning. So far, they said it is moving faster than it did the first time. (although still very sluggish, and they could still see the barium from the LAST test still in him). BUT...we will take this good news and praise the Lord! IF they see that there is no obstruction, they want to re-scope him sometime later this week (to make sure things still look ok there), and also will insert a nasal feeding tube. (he will be under anesth. so that is a blessing) This tube will go directly to his stomach, and they said sometimes this helps to stimulate the digestive process. Right now he is getting his nutrition (TPN) intravenously. So.....there are a lot of possibilities coming up, but again depending solely on what the GI series show. Last time he had this done, the results were not very clear. Please pray for clarity in the x-rays and wisdom for the drs. for the next step. One nurse told me that Caed wasn't "following the rules" with the condition that he has. The drs. have been having to shoot from the hip with him. We have been very pleased with ALL of his drs!! We trust wholeheartedly in their decisions, and know (from things they have said) that he is a top priority on their list. Another prayer request would be concerning Todd. He drove back to Celina Mon. night. The church is being SO supportive with his absence; however, he just feels he is getting behind. This week was very tough with him being gone. Not only has Caed not been doing well, but I have had to take on double-duty (with the help of my dad) at the hospital. It has been draining! I know it has also been extremely hard on Todd not being here and feeling helpless where he's at. We already have 2 weeks of flights scheduled for him to travel back and forth, and we are finding a system that allows me to leave the hospital for 4-5 hrs. each evening to get a little sleep. The Lord is providing in areas where we need it, but we are just seeing how much more difficult it is when one of us is gone. Thank you AGAIN for your continued prayers!!!!!!!!! We're going to get through this!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are continuing to keep Caed and your family in our prayers. God's mercies are new each morning. Thanks for the daily updates, so we know how to specifically pray.
The Minichan family in SC

Anonymous said...

Our Father, you said in your word that whatever we asked in your name you would do. We are believing in your word. We are standing on the prayers of the saints.

God wants to stretch forth his hand of mercy in your lives Todd and Lori. Assuredly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea, it will be done. And all things, whatever you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.
Matt.21:21

Receive the word of John ll:4. "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it. Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trail which is to try you, as though some strange thing happend to you; but rejoice to the exteht that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy." I Peter 4:11.

We declare and proclaim complete healing to little Caed. We speak restoration to his digestive system. Every cell, every membrance, every vessel to line up with the word of God. We cast out all fear and anxiety from Caed. We speak peace over him for you have not given us a spirit of fear, but of love and a sound mind. Give Caed the mind of Christ putting on the armor of God that he can withstand the fiery darts of the enemy. We smash the strongholds of Satan formed against Caed's body this night and give his body to You recognizing that he is your temple; and rejoice in Your mercy and Your goodness. We refuse to be discouraged. Thou art the God of all hope. We claim in every way your victory over Caed as we pray in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ with Thanksgiving. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Todd, as the youth have committed to pray for Caed 24/7, this is Matt Richardson. The hour is between 2:00 am - 3:00 am, Thursday 3/27/08.

We commit Psalm l43:l;4-8

O Lord, hear my prayer for Caed, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief.

My spirit grows faint within me, my heart within me is dismayed.

I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done.

I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land. Selah.

Answer me quickly, O LORD; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Amen.

Lord, we command your angels right now from the north, south, east and west to protect Todd as he travels back to Lubbock to see his son.

We lift up his arms and speak peace over him. Give him strength in this hour to speak healing and encouragement over Caed. Let him stand boldly and humbly before your throne remembering the victory of the miracles promised in your Word. Lift him up. Give him supernatural strenth in his weariness.

For joy comes in the morning. The joy of the Lord is his strength and stronghold. Neh. 8:10.

We worhip you now lifting our hands in praise before you. We ask these things in Jesus Precious Holy name. We recognize that You are worthy to receive all glory and honor and praise. Amen.

Selah. "A Resting Place"
Randy, Nancy, Hillary and Matt Richardson

Anonymous said...

I praise God for your continued strength. It makes me smile to see that the very strength we see in you comes DIRECTLY from our Great Father. We truly have a good God. We pray for Caed and you at every meal and evening. The Bible says that the prayers of a righteous man has power. I'm not a righteous man, but the One I stand behind is. I know our prayers are heard. Expecting better days, in JESUS NAME!

Anonymous said...

Todd and Lori,
I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Wow you have been through a lot. Know that a lot of people are praying for you, we miss you guys. Tell Reagan hello, and that we have missed her in choir.
Love you all,
Amariz

Anonymous said...

Lori,

We are lifting you all up daily and know that the Lord is holding you by the hand. Continue to lean on him and he will give you strength--when you are weak, he is STRONG. These days will add to yours and certainly Caed's testimony of how the hand of God moves among his most beloved. With you in spirit, sister.

Hugs,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

hey caed I got up at 3:00 this and prayed for you luv u bunches addie

Anonymous said...

Dear Todd and Lori, My cousin Verna Worthey sent me this prayer request. My husband and I pastor Church on the Rock North in Beaumont Texas. We have many prayer warriors here. We will all lift up sweet Caed to the Lord. We agree with you and everyone else in faith that Caed will be healed in Jesus name. May God continue to give you strength, hope and provision during this time. Pastor Sam and Beverly Walker