Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thurs. 3/27 - update

This morning started out pretty good. He was up from about 3am on...sleeping sporadically. Finally at 6:00, he told me he wanted to ride in his wagon. I told him it was still dark outside and everyone was asleep. But, he insisted. So, we rode through the halls and across the sky bridge. It was a neat time because it was so quiet and we were the only ones "out and about." Later that morning, he began laughing and being Caed! He was playing basketball with his stuffed animals (the goal was the trashcan!) He was being so silly and we had a good time laughing at each other. It was short lived and the pains and throwing up started back up. He did however get a 3 hr. nap this afternoon. I know he was exhausted! This evening ended very good though. My parents and Reagan came up and he had lots of fun playing in the playroom, running through the halls, and even eating a few bites of ice cream. As I am writing this, he has gone 6 hrs. without having any pains or throwing up. (a HUGE change!!!!) Please pray that this continues through the night!! We got the results from the upper GI today. It didn't look good. It's hard to describe, but basically there is a small section of sm. intestine (5 inches) that looks like a piece of string. They are not sure whether it is just constricting or a partial obstruction. The dr. said it's a straight shot, so it should be easy to get a good look. If it is an obstruction, they will more than likely take him back to surgery tomorrow!! We don't know details of what the surgery would entail, but obviously we would be taking MANY steps back. It was so good to see him "normal" tonight, but hard thinking we may not see it again for awhile if he has another surgery. I know we say this over and over, but we feel it so strongly. We obviously pray for complete healing in Caed's body and desire more than anything for there not to be a 3rd surgery...BUT we also believe he is in God's hands. There is nothing that has happened or will happen to him that is not in God's control. Like I've heard my dad talk about this week, "Lord...YOUR will be done, not mine!" That is an incredibly difficult thing to say, but we know that God is using ALL of this for Caed's good (and ours) and HIS glory!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey caed its 3:00 am you are with me in prayer in this time i am so pround if you and want you to come home soon! i luv u bunches addie

Anonymous said...

I remember what I learned from Todd, you, and your family about God's will. I've held to it through thick and thin; through Nathan's death, my father's accident, but more countless GOOD experiences. Often times I do not understand 'Why', but I'm getting used to just gritting my teeth and squeezing the hand of God tighter through it all. I won't ask why this time, but I will squeeze and just like the woman and the unjust judge in the bible, I will be a consistant NAG!! Our God is NOT unjust and I know He hears us all about Caed. Love yall.

G

Annie said...

Just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I wake up each day and run to the computer to see your post. I then quickly get everyone up for school and we grab a quick bite of breakfast and read this sweet book I referred to in a earlier post. My kids often lift Caed up at this time. I wanted to share this with you. The title was Miracles!
I bless you with the faith to believe for miracles in your life. Miracles of healing. Miracles of achievement. Miracles of salvation. Miracles of the mind. Miracles of guidance.
Look up. Reach out. Embrace them all. For your God is a God of miracles-all things with HIm are possible. He brings His people forth with joy and His chosen ones with gladness because of His mighty miracle-working power. Have the faith of a little child to believe God for the miraculous in your life. My kids prayed that in Caed's life there would be a miracle. We love you all!
The Davis family!

Jer. 32:17, 27~ Matt. 19:26~Acts 2:22~Eph. 3:20~ James5:13-15

Anonymous said...

Todd and Lori,
I just wanted to let you know that you are in our prayers.
I've passed along this website to our church, as well as posted it on our PUSH newsgroup. The church family of Alliance Baptist Church in Ft Worth will continue to keep you all in our prayers.
Carrie Hubbard

Bridge said...

praying for each of you daily... and for the LORD's WILL to be done! For your strength to be found in him and for you all to rest in his lap. Caed is resting there too... Love Ya'll!