Friday, March 21, 2008

Reagan & Caleb

Many of you have asked about Reagan and Caleb. They are doing great!! Reagan (7) has been very busy playing w/ cousins, going to movies, swimming, etc... She is truly "on vacation." However, my mom said on Wed. she finally broke down. She told her, "I just MISS playing with Caed," and then she cried and cried. My mom told her it was ok and that we have all cried too. This was the first time for her to get emotional about the whole ordeal. Caleb (6 wks.) is also doing well. Hard for me to say because I haven't been around much. Only get to see him occasionally and for a few minutes at a time. He is growing, growing!! His first month of life is a complete blur. He was 3 wks. old when this all happened. I have struggled greatly when I do see him. It's almost as if he's someone else's baby that I'm holding. I don't know the "tricks" anymore when he's crying, etc... It breaks my heart! However....there is also GREAT comfort and peace in my heart. My grandmother and sister-n-law, Megan, have truly become his other "mommies." They are with him 24/7. I know he will not remember any of this, but Todd and I will!! But just as the Lord is getting us through the ordeal w/ Caed, He will also get us through this time of MISSING our 2 other children!!! How we long to be back together as a family again!!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for you as a mother and friend. I know this must be so hard. I have been praying for you in this specific area and I do pray that you all can be together soon as a family. We were praying together for you all last night and Sara said, "mom I think he is going to be o.k." I love to hear things from a child's perspective and with childlike faith. I know it must be so hard to press on. Just know that we are praying that you will have a renewed strength. We love to hear what your specific request are so that we can stand in the gap and be a part of this journey. God bless you all and we pray for a day of rest!
The Davis family!