Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sat. 3/22 - update

Praise the Lord!!! We had a really good day today! Overall he was in a much better mood, and he smiled, talked, and laughed more. Normally his mornings are pretty good, but it's the afternoons and evenings that are bad. However, he did great the whole day today! He never had any bad pain spells and just seemed overall more content. He walked to the elevator, down to the lobby, and out the door about 15-20 yds. (he wasn't necessarily happy about it...he wanted his wagon) But, we cheered him on and bragged all day about how far he walked. The drs. have been concerned about the fact that he hasn't started ANY food yet. (other than an occasional popsicle) He doesn't want anything!!! (even candy....his favorite vegetable) He told me he didn't want to eat because it would make him throw up. (there might be a little truth to that, but we have to start somewhere) So, today we really tried to "make" him eat a few bites of Jello, milkshake, etc.... He did really good. Our hope is that he will see it's ok and want to try more things. Another big concern of the drs. is the amount that he is throwing up each day. I think that is the main thing they are looking at as far as possibly going back in for another surgery. One dr. said today that there might just be a small "kink" in the intestines. Time could possibly fix it on its own, or "going back in" might be the solution. We don't know. I'm sure by Mon. or Tues. Dr. G (surgeon) will have decided on the next step. Thank you all for praying for Caed. We saw its power today!!! Also thank you for praying for Todd and I. Today was such a needed encouragement for me.....thank you God for renewing my strength!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear such wonderful news! We are thinking about each of you every day!


Kerri Bryan

Anonymous said...

We celebrate the Rising of our Saviour today. As we praise the one and only True God, I also cleave to the fact that our God is merciful and attentive every second. I know He is with you. We are too, if only in spirit, we are with you. We love you very much! Tell Caed he's impressing us ALL and to walk further and further every day!

G

Anonymous said...

i am so proud of you caed!!! we really miss you and hope you get better and better every day love you as much as a million red m&m's
addie!!!:)

Natalie said...

Dear Lori,
I understand what you are saying about your new baby. I want you to be assured that each baby is raised differently. He will know you are his mommy, and you will form a special relationship with him when you are all together again. Your mom kept me when I was little, and I KNOW he is in the best of hands. I know you know that Caed needs you now - you are doing the right thing for sure! I feel like each of my kids has had a little different kind of mommy just because life changes with each one. I just want you to know it will all work out!
Love you,
Natalie

Anonymous said...

We serve an amazing, powerful, merciful Lord! Last Wed, Thurs and Fri I awoke around 2 am and couldn't sleep and prayed for you all and this journey you are on with Caed. it sounds so familiar to us after going through a similar situation with our son last fall. I just know that God will continue to be glorified through this experience and that he will use this powerfully in your life and Caed's. Praise God for the good news of Saturday! (Megan's friends in SC)