Monday, March 24, 2008

Tues. 3/25 - update

Well, we seem to be developing a pattern here. Good day, bad day, good day....... and today was a bad one. He started about 2 am having the severe pains and throwing up. That lasted pretty much all night and morning. Our guess is the little bit of food he had yesterday might be the cause. ??? He was in pain the whole day, and threw up 7 times (so far). I really struggled with taking him to the park. However, he kept telling me (in between cries of pain) that he DID want to go. Even his walking was so different than it has been in recent days. He stayed hunched over and took tiny little steps. Putting him in the van was so emotional for me. Oh, how I wanted to drive past the park and keep going and going. Seeing him sitting in the back seat (in his sweat pants and tennis shoes) was too much! It all looked so normal, yet I had a VERY sick little boy riding with me. Knowing that if we never went back to the hospital, he would probably die. When we got to the park, he slowly made his way over to the rest of the group (my grandmother, Megan, Xan, Reagan, and my mom). At first he just wanted to lay down on the blanket and pillow. He looked so weak! Finally, he decided he would sit in a swing. Then, later we got out the jeep and he, Reagan, and Xan drove it around awhile. The whole time he never once smiled or said a word. We stayed for a little over an hour , and finally he began crying saying he wanted to go back. The minute we got back to his room, he threw up again. I know it was good for him to get out, to see something new, but I just hate that it was on a "bad day." I'm sure the drs. will give him more passes. Hopefully next time he'll be able to enjoy it more. The main report from the drs. today was: they took him off ALL his antibiotics (he's been on 3 heavy duty ones for 3 weeks now), they said sometimes they can cause nausea, so we'll see if it makes any difference (don't think so, but it's probably good for him to get off some of the meds regardless), also they want to do another upper GI sometime this week (possibly tomorrow). They are not sure if there is just some "mechanical" problems or if there is an obstruction. Again, time should reveal it. ???? Thanks for your prayers today. Even though park day didn't go so good, it was a blessing to just "get away" for awhile. The Lord spoke to me throughout it.....the music on the ride over was uplifting, seeing other "normal" children playing so carefree and realizing it is a BLESSING that we all too often take for granted, and looking forward to the day (with hope!!) that Caed will be riding in that back seat again with his tennis shoes on and knowing we CAN drive far, far away!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY BUDDY
i am so sorry the park was on a bad day at least you got to get out! i am still praying for you and want you to come home soon!!!!!! luv you a whloe lot!!
addie !!!:)

Anonymous said...

Lori, Todd & Caed,
We have kept up with reading your notes and it has been a wonderful way to know how to pray daily for Caed and for all of you.

"I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak His praises...Come let us tell of the Lord's greatness; let us exalt His name together. I prayed to the Lord , and He answered me, freeing me from all my fears." Psalm 34:1,3-4

Praise God for the miracles He has shown in Caed's life. Hang in there and know that we love you and are continuing to lift you in prayer.
Toby, Pam, Ryan & Connor Peters

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
It breaks my heart that the park day was not a good day! And I wish you could have just driven and driven far far away! Just know and take strength from the fact that our God is in control and he sees the BIG picture! More smiles and better days just have to be ahead! Kiss my little Caed bear for me.
Love you all,
Tina:)

Natalie said...

Still thinking of all of you!
Love,
Natalie