Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Monday 3/10-Update

I guess this is what the drs. and nurses are meaning by a roller coaster ride. Yesterday was a good day, and today was not. He went in for his surgery early this morning about 7:00. (Todd even got to ride on the gurney with him to the OR holding room!) The surgery lasted a little over an hour and the dr. said he did just fine. However, after he got back to his room and the anesthesia wore off, things started going downhill. He ran fever the entire day! His infection drs. said he did have an infection, but not yet sure what kind. They said it was more than likely a fungus or viral. (but not even certain there) The fever could be a symptom of "something else." Caed struggled again with pain a lot today(always), and also the occasional throwing up bile. We did get him up out of bed to do his dreaded daily walk. He went to the hallway again and touched the wall of the nurses' station. He cried the whole way (as well as his Mamma), but was rewarded with a Batman when he got back to his bed from one of the nurses. (which he didn't care a thing about...I don't think all the toys in the world would be incentive enough for him right now w/ his walking) Maybe someday!! Only minutes after we got him back to his bed, my phone rang. It was Caed's t-ball coach in Celina informing me of his first practice tomorrow. All I could do was cry! Caed has been looking forward to playing baseball for so many months now. And those of you who know him, know what a good little athlete he is. We couldn't wait to see him out there playing on a "real team." Maybe it wouldn't have hit me so hard if I hadn't just witnessed his struggle to even walk a few feet. Again....I know the Lord is going to bless us with future ball practices, and I can promise you I won't take any of them for granted. We also learned today that he does have some pneumonia, but at this point seems under control. We never were able to talk with his surgeons (they say Mondays can be crazy in the OR), but I'm sure they will come by sometime tomorrow with the latest prognosis. I know we will continue to have up and down days, but you sure aren't prepared enough for the down ones. It just feels like such a step backward.

Thank you again for your sweet cards. I cried tonight reading them and being reminded again of ALL the people praying for Caed. (and especially from those we don't even know!) Thank you sweet Cubbies!!! I know Caed will love looking at all the hearts from his friends. Thank you also for your emails. We may not be able to reply to them right now, but please know how much we appreciate hearing from you. We love you all! Keep praying!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori & Todd, I am so sorry about Caed. I know this is trying for you, but just know we have you guys in our prayers. Thank God you are surrounded by family! If you need anything when you get home, we will be here!!'


Melissa Ballard & Family

Anonymous said...

I heard about your little Caed through Allison Scott, and I wanted to let you know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I know exactly how hard it is to watch your child suffer, and God brought us through it! Hang in there.

Andi Powers

Sue Christopher said...

Dear Lori, Todd and family, My heart is breaking for all of you but I am strengthened by your ability to know that God is there with you. I am praying that Caed's body will continue to fight the infection and strengthen. I am praying for rest and healing for him. I am praying for the pain to go away. I am praying for the pneumonia to go away and for Caed's lungs to strengthen. I am praying for the doctors to be wise in their treatment of Caed.

I love you all,
Sue Christopher

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,

We are all praying with you for Caed's healing. I have passed this site on to my prayer warriors. Sorrow may last for a night, but JOY comes in the morning. Hang in there, sister! "May the God of hope fill you with all joy as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

Love & Hugs,
Shannon Callaway

Anonymous said...

Lori & Todd,
Just want you to know that my family is praying for Caed and your whole family ...I heard about Caed from Allison ..Micheal is my cousin...Allison has done a great job of updating us on your precious Caed ...I hope the recovery is speedy and before long he will be out there playing t-ball...

Blessings,
Sharie Dougherty
Houston,Tx

theresatowns said...

Dear Lori, Todd and family, My heart is breaking for all of you. God is there with you. I am praying that Caed's body will strengthen. I am praying for rest and healing for him and the family. I am praying for the pain to go away. I am praying for the pneumonia to go away. I am praying for the doctors to be wise in their treatment of Caed. we are praying so hard for you.

we love you all
Theresa Towns and family

Unknown said...

Todd, Lori and family,
Patricia sent me an e-mail today. I'm so sorry to hear about Caed. I can't come to the hospital, but if there is ANYTHING you need, please have Katy call me. You are all in our prayers. I will forward Patricia's e-mail to our prayer warriors at Southcrest. I am so glad you hadn't left to head home before this all hit. God is SO awesome!!!! Caed, you are in our prayers. I hope you get to feeling better really soon so you can be running and playing again.
We love you all. Please let us know if you need anything!!!

Love,
Karen Rawls