Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday Morning

We had a pretty bad night in ICU last night. They had to put the NG tube back in, and also were not able to take out the port (he was too dry). The catheter is the only thing that has stayed out and he has urinated several times on his own which is GREAT! He was having some severe reactions to some of the drugs. (very hard to watch!!) Anyway, finally around 3-4 this morning they had him stable enough to move to a reg. room. He now can look out a window!!! Still having a rough day today though. His NG tube is not working, so he's throwing up bile pretty consistantly. They've also given him some anxiety med. to calm him down a little (he's just been in constant pain). He walked this morning from the little couch to his bed and they will try to get him to do that a couple more times today. The dr. said the x-rays are looking a little better, but again it will be a LONG road. They said the last case like this they saw (volvulus), the child died! Again, we are counting our blessing and thanking God for sparing our son. He was very close!!! We now have internet connection up here in his room, so I will try to keep you all updated daily.Thanks again for praying!!!!Lori

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lord.
As You made a promise to Noah. And You set the rainbow in the sky to remind him that You do not forget nor disallow Your promise. That rainbow is always somewhere in this world. It is a constant reminder everyday. Thank You for reminding me that I am under Your watch care when the storm clouds gather in my life. Give me rest in my faith today. I have been sealed by Your Holy Spirit. Though Satan roars like a mighty Lion, You are the Captain of my salvation. You are my strength my shield.
I pray for my family and friends this day that You would show them Your strength, Your hand of provision. I pray that You would guide their every step. Hold them up by Your righteous hand. Keep them from evil.
Thank You Lord, for our salvation that is sealed forever through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
Through Jesus I pray.


Psalms 18:1 - 4 (NKJV) “I will love You, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies.”