Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The "true" picture

...But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today...... (Hebrews 3:13)

First of all, I am sorry for the confusion. Let's just say satan has been having a hay-day with Todd and I the last few days. He has once again attempted to stop this blog....he got close, very close. BUT....please know it will continue. No, it is not a burden. Like I have said before, I enjoy writing and especially being able to share this with all of you. The Lord has given me this outlet, and I am not sure I could have gotten through this without it. We cannot begin to express how much we appreciate and have NEEDED all the prayers and support you have given. That, along with God's grace is what has kept us afloat.


Like I have stated in an earlier post, to be "transparent" is a very vulnerable position to be in. It can be so rewarding, and yet also bring lots of pain. I have wanted to write this blog for some time, but never knew when the appropriate time would be or if it even was. Please hear my "heart" here....don't just read the words. This is one of those "venting" times I have talked about before. I have desperately needed to do this, but have struggled with how it might be received.

To begin, I want to communicate how VERY sick Caed still is. Yes, he has taken some huge steps in the last few months, and we are SO thankful to God for them!! I have tried so hard to explain that “outwardly” Caed is like his normal self again. He is able to go and do things that at one point we thought we may never see again. This summer has been filled with trips to Joyland, the movies, etc….. Praise God!! You have no idea the “joy” that fills our hearts when we can experience the fun things with him again. However, “inwardly” things are not working as well. His intestines are not absorbing the way they should. That is why he has a backpack of special formula strapped to his back 20 hrs. every day. This summer was simply a “waiting period” for Caed. Things like this take TIME to heal….we have been using the summer to see if his intestines would finally wake up and do their thing. They have not! So….now (with the referral of our drs.) we have decided to go the Nebraska route. They are one of the top centers in the country that strictly deal with “Short Gut” children. We are excited about this, and pray they can really help Caed. We have recently learned the dangerous position we find ourselves in. Caed has been stuck in a rut (a plateau) for the last several months. Nothing is really happening….good or bad. From our viewpoint, we thought it must be good. He isn’t throwing up as much as before, I have stopped having to give him pain pills for the severe cramping, and now he is finally eating real food (and keeping it down!) However, the body can easily be in “starvation mode” and yet outwardly things are maintaining and looking “normal.” But, all of a sudden, without a lot of warning, it will eventually hit a wall and things can start failing. We pray we are not there, but we are taking this (rut) very seriously. Basically we look at it like Caed is standing on ice. Right now, he is standing, the ice is holding him up, but what we don't see are the possible cracks that are slowly forming beneath him. At a moment's notice the ice could break and Caed would come crashing down. Again, we pray this is not what is happening to Caed.


We have been so blessed to have the support of family that we do here. This has literally taken a "village" (Todd and I and our parents) to hold things together. My mom and dad have (and continue to be) a HUGE HELP!! I truly can say we would not have been able to get through this without them. My mom and I have commented recently how we long for just 30 min. – 1 hr. of down time…..time to just sit and read a book or take a short nap. It does not happen here, and there are 2 of us helping out (during the daytime)! It has been a continual non-stop all-day/night job. Caleb is of course still waking up at least once a night (sometimes more), and Caed as well gets up anywhere between 2-6 times a night. He cannot go to the bathroom on his own because of all he is hooked up to. Caleb is at the age where of course he is dependant for EVERYTHING! Caed is a close 2nd. Although he is able to play more now, he also has a backpack strapped to his back, and 2 tubes going into his body. There is SO MUCH that is required just with that! I basically have a “handicapped” child. We cannot just hop in the car and go places. I honestly cannot even begin to go into ALL the care that Caed still requires. I never thought I would be the mommy of a critically ill child, but now here I am! I have much more appreciation for those that have special needs kids plus other children too. It is very difficult (physically & emotionally)!

I know it has been difficult to understand why we have not gone back home yet. All anyone sees is simply what I post on the blog. And, of course, all I am going to post are Caed’s “good moments.” What I post everyday really only comprises about 30% of what’s really going on. For various reasons. It is hard enough living it, and then having to write about it and relive it again each night. There are times I feel the Lord impressing on me to write certain things, but other times…it just doesn’t seem necessary. The blog has been my therapy. I know I do not have to tell people EVERYTHING that is going on. And I know they do not expect that from me. However, I have also known that because I have not been able to share the true picture….people may have trouble really understanding. This has been the absolute hardest year Todd and I have ever been through. I want people to understand…but I know that is not possible. I have been struggling more than anyone will ever ever know! Probably more in the last month or two than I ever did at the hospital. Things are not over, and they may not be for a very long time. We are trying to accept that.


It has been EXTREMELY hard on Todd as well! He has been pulled in so many directions. Wanting to be here with us and Caed, and yet knowing he can’t. He still has a job with lots of responsibilities. I know the church in Celina needs him. I know the youth need him.....but SO DO MY CHILDREN!!!! They only get to see their Daddy 2 days a week! We also know that just us moving back is not the answer. If I were to move back today…..I would be completely alone! The only things that would change would be our address and the extra burdens I would have to carry. Todd has to work during the day and then needs to be at all the extra-curricular activities after school….plus any band practices, Wed. worship, Bible Studies, etc….at night and weekends. However, we know this is just the nature of "the call." Ministers do not have 9-5 jobs. We are ok with that, but given the difficult situation we find ourselves in now, I will honestly say I CANT DO THIS BY MYSELF!!! I know so many have offered to help in anyway, and I love them for their gracious heart!! However I realize that no one truly knows what my days are like and the amount of help that I would actually need if we moved back today. Here is a small glimpse:

I need for someone to be with Caed and be his nurse 24/7. I need for someone to sleep in his room every night (on the floor!!) and be prepared to get up anywhere from 2-6 times to take him to the restroom. They will also need to hold both pumps and all the tubes while walking to the restroom. I need for someone to know the ends and outs of ALL his meds, times given, formula, pumps, flushes, tubes (and it needs to be someone he completely trusts because he will not let just anyone touch his stomach (G-tube).) I need someone to drive him into Dallas 2 times every week for his dr. appts, and then to Denton once a week for his play therapy sessions. They will need to know how to deal with his anxiety attacks and also be constantly prepared to get thrown up on at anytime. (he did all over me and the basket at WalMart just yesterday). They will also need to be educated with his diet and follow that very strictly. They will need to keep up with his meds/supplies and call Home Infusion every week to make sure the right things are delivered. They will need to be educated in central line and G-tube care, because there are many things he cannot do because of them. And if they are not overly careful with the central line, he can get staph infections very easily which can attack his heart! They will need to be able to drop everything when Caed yells “Potty!”. (and stay with him and hold his backpack close to his stomach until he’s finished) They will need to clean up poop and throw up everyday (I hope they are not squeamish). I will need them to be experts with the Infinity feeding pump and also the TPN pump. They will need to know how to program them each day and how to fix them when they malfunction. They will need to be able to spend at least an hour each morning and evening mixing all of Caed's meds, administering them, priming and re-setting the pump, and making sure he has enough formula in his backpack if he ever leaves the house. I will need them to look this little 5 yr. old boy in the eye and try to explain to him everyday when he asks how much longer he will have tubes going into him or when he will be "normal" again. I will need someone to be prepared to be hit and kicked when he has to go see a new, unfamiliar dr. (his trust level is very low). I will need someone to homeschool Reagan and Caed. (I know there are many who do not understand our decision to do this, but until God clearly tells us otherwise, this is what He has called our family to do for now….even with a sick child). They will need to be well-informed with Classical Education and be able to spend the time each week making lesson plans in every subject for a 2nd grader and one in Pre-K. And I will need for it to be the same person everyday. They need the stability of ONE teacher. I will also need someone to take the kids to the library once a week, to the Frisco homeschool park days, and any other extra-curric activities/field trips they are involved in, including all church activities like AWANAS and choir....plus, any and all youth functions where Todd needs my help. I will also need someone to watch Caleb. He also (like Caed) is a 24/7 job. They will need to be prepared also to get up at least once (maybe more) times a night. I will need someone to watch Caleb while the Home Health nurse comes because it is a very traumatic experience for Caed and he has to have me by his side the whole time. (he will also be throwing up at this time too!) I will need someone to run errands for me, go to the gro. store, prepare all our meals, clean the house, do the laundry, take Reagan and Caleb to the dr. when they are sick, and on and on...... An awesome bonus would be someone to blog every night. (and it’s best done AFTER everyone else is in bed and the chores are done (around midnight or later).


OK…ha!….all that was meant as a joke!! I do not really intend for anyone to do any of those things!! But, I was simply trying to make a point. I literally could not survive (right now) if I moved back home with the way things are. I would be doing every single one of those things by myself other than night duty! (in which Todd is sleeping in one room with Caed (on the floor none the less) and me in another room with Caleb). I know people have NO clue what our lives are really like right now. They wouldn’t because I’m not going to post all those things. Todd and I have had to be separated for almost 5 mos. now. It has been extremely difficult on our marriage!!! We are not doing this because it’s what best for Todd or me or Reagan or Caleb. We are having to make these awful decisions solely for CAED! As a parent I'm sure most of you understand that. Everything else is 2nd to the well-being of your child. Even if it means job, marriage, etc….. I know I keep saying this, but we are STRUGGLING so much right now. There are days I literally want to just grab a bottle of Tylenol and go to sleep and not ever have to wake up! Life is HARD for us! BUT….God is faithful! He is using this experience to change us….to grow us…..to minister to others who may find themselves in similar circumstances some day. I don’t understand why this all had to happen. I MISS my home!! I MISS seeing my kids play in OUR front yard and jump on OUR trampoline. I MISS then being able to play in their own rooms. I MISS going to my church and seeing those wonderful faces. I MISS sleeping in my own bed. I MISS being able to sleep in the same bed as my husband (which we have not been able to do since before Caleb was born!!) I want my old life back!! But….that is impossible right now. Even if we were physically back home, our “normal life” has been forever changed. It’s just simply not time. And now I am convinced even more why. I am fixing to have to move to OMAHA by myself (with a sick child)! I am so scared!! I want to cry every time I look at Reagan, Caleb, and Todd and know that I will not get to see them (at all) for a month or more! It absolutely kills me to think about it! Caleb is getting at the age where he is very clingy and is getting attached to certain people. He is getting that way with my mom and I know it will be even worse when I see him again after NE. It breaks my heart, and I want to run from this whole thing. If people think I’m just on “vacation” out here….then I want my money back!!! ha! Being here, and having the HUGE support (from family) is what has kept me alive!!! (also the grace of God!!!)


Now to the pictures on the blog. Let me take you back to Wed., March 12......this was the very first time I ever posted any pictures. Caed lay there with snow white knuckles clutched to the bed rails, balled up screaming in severe pain! If he was not asleep or in pain, he was throwing up. This literally lasted the whole night and day. Finally, out of the blue.....a small smile appeared on his face. My heart jumped, the tears began to flow, and I grabbed my camera!!! I wanted the WHOLE WORLD to know the joy we were feeling at that moment. Seeing him then shoot his Nana and Grandaddy with a dart gun was an unbelievable moment for us. We had been in such dark days and didn't know when it would end. We MISSED Caed so much!! His smile, his laugh, his silly personality, his voice! Literally from that moment on, I kept my camera with me at all times. And when those few "joy moments" would surface (if only for a couple of minutes each day), I wanted a picture. I wanted to share with YOU ALL that your prayers were being answered! Caed continued to have VERY DIFFICULT, PAINFUL, ANXIETY FILLED days for the next 3 1/2 months. However, those good moments were gradually increasing in frequency. Still...the pictures were added everyday. Finally, that brings us to this summer. Even after he was released from the hospital, our days looked like this: Caed would sit on the couch, cry, throw up, moan, slap the couch to get our attention, use sign language to communicate, cry in pain, throw up some more, etc..... So, to be able to go to the Science Spectrum for an hour (until he would give me the sign and then throw up), yes! I wanted a picture of that "normal" moment! That has basically continued all summer. Caed playing baseball with Todd is HUGE to us! You see, even in that, it is not the same as before. His body has been enormously affected. He swings the bat different, runs different, and tires out much sooner than before. But, all you see is him playing like a "normal 5 yr. old boy" in the picture. He is not. In our eyes Caed has "improved" by leaps and bounds these last 2 months. The fact that he CAN go to Joyland, he CAN play baseball in the front yard with his Daddy, he CAN go bowling or to the movies without being in constant pain or throwing up. These have continued to be 'joy moments" for us!!! Just a few months even weeks ago, he was not able to do them! Oh, how I would trade all the riches in the world to be able to go home and resume "normal life" again. My family is suffering!!!! However, we know that us going home does not fix this or make it all go away. It only magnifies the burdens that we are already carrying right now. I will be the first to admit I never would have thought we would still be here in this boat on August 21!!!! The reality is....we are! Right now, we are desperately trying not only to survive, but also make decisions that are the best for EVERYONE involved. An extremely difficult task!

Some may feel this could have all been avoided if we would have transferred Caed to Dallas in the beginning or even the beginning of the summer. What people are forgetting is we also have 2 other small children. What was supposed to have happened to them? Were they to have been taken to one friend's house and then another and another for all this time? No! They needed the stability from who better else....loving grandparents they know and trust. Of course Caed has been the primary focus and concern, but we have also needed to look at the whole picture. There are SO many pieces of this puzzle that we are desperately trying to put together!


We have trusted our drs. here in Lubbock wholeheartedly from day one. God used THEM to save Caed's life!!! God knew this was where we needed to be. It was His divine providence that had us here on March 1st. One thing however remains the same. No matter where Caed gets his treatment.....Lubbock, Dallas, or Nebraska, his case is extremely RARE! I wish I knew the stats more specifically, but malrotations are generally always detected in babies. Not 4 yr. olds! This has and will continue to be a learning experience for all involved, including the "expert short gut" drs. in Nebraska. His healing (or lack of) is not a reflection of where Caed has received his care. This is our child!! We want what is absolutely best for him. We have researched other scenarios and drs. out. The truth is.....Caed has received exceptional care! Now, with the referral of our drs., we have come to the next chapter in this awful tragedy. We are excited about Nebraska and have heard only good things from it. This clinic is one of the country's best. Yes, it is going to require a huge commitment on our part (moving there), but we have felt the Lord opening these doors specifically and are trusting that this is the next step in Caed's ultimate healing. This is a "rehabilitation" clinic. So, therefore we know that just because he comes home from NE, it does not mean all is well and fine. Yes, we pray that we will begin to see improvement each day, but know that this trip technically will just be the beginning of a new treatment plan for Caed.


We honestly cannot even begin to express our love and appreciation to so many for ALL they have done for us through this. There truly are not adequate words to tell you what your support has meant to us!! The Lord has used YOU ALL to pour His love, grace, and mercy on us. The letters, emails, blog comments, texts, gifts, and prayers have NOT stopped since the day this began. 6 months is a long time, and yet you have fervently stayed right by our side and supported us through the most difficult time of our lives. THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! May God pour on you blessings unfold for the way you have touched us! We love you all so much (even those we do not even know or have never met!!!) I know one day we will!

18 comments:

Stacey said...

So happy the blog will continue! I can't imagine what your days (and nights) are like. Thought about going for your RN when all this is over? You've got to have some mad nursing skillz. I know it's hard for lots of people to realize what great medical care there is here in small town Lubbock. Covenant is an awesome facility and is the transport center from Abilene to most of New Mexico and all of west Texas. Definitely not a small town hospital by any means. And the commute time definitely beats going to downtown Dallas, lol! Sorry for whatever has been going on to inspire such a heartfelt post. Now, can we see more pics of grandaddy on his skate board thing?

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lori, my heart breaks for you and your whole family for what all you are going through. And yet, I see God right there with you--blessing you and using you in so many ways, touching so many lives. All I can say is SHAME ON anyone who would dare to question, criticize, etc. And then I think of course people don't really understand--unless you've walked in those shoes all we see is what you show us in your blogs each day. I'm thankful that you are going to continue to blog. It is a huge outlet for you and I believe that God is and will continue to use it in ways that you will never know.
Please know that you, Todd, Reagan, Caed and Caleb continue to be in our constant thoughts and prayers. For all of the hard times to come, the new things, the old things, the changes, God is right there with you. May satan be bound!
I love you and your precious family!
Tina

Anonymous said...

It is tough that you have to "defend" what you are doing for your family! I know that you are seeking God's plan for each of your children and I know that until Caed is not "hooked" up to 100 tubes and meds, you need lots of help! No one can understand what all you have been through. Thank you for being positve through all this and just showing us the good times. I know you are trying so hard to focus on them. We are praying that you will get the answers that you need in NE. WE pray that you will find encouragement there and doctors that will help you see the light at the end of the tunnel. I pray that you would be able to find the answers you need. I pray it would be a sweet time with Caed. I pray that your mom would be able to do the job of schooling and tending to Caleb. What a blessing that she is so good at that and loves doing it. Although I know it is much easier when you are younger! Help Caleb sleep through the night, Lord! God will equip her just as he will you, sweet sister! We love you all and pray that you get more encouragement than criticism. You can do all things through Christ you gives you strength! We will pray for Todd and his time away from you all. God Bless you all!

Anonymous said...

I'm standing with the others. I think it is callous and cowardly for others to judge you guys for simply caring for your own. I truly hope that God does NOT impart your kind of burden on those who criticize. Although we know very little of the depth of the burden on your shoulders, we stand with you in spirit and in prayer. We love you all so very much and support you.

Anonymous said...

Lori,
Thank you for giving us a glimps into your daily life. You have been such an inspiration not only to me but thousands of others that read you blog.
Growing up with you, I have always known what an amazing person you are and what a huge heart and passion you have.
Reading your blogs everyday (I literally get out of bed and read it before anything else) I am in awe of you everyday. Your faithfulness and transparency are so amazing. I am almost jealous. You are very right, it is so hard to be transparent and to let people in our our weaknesses and our intermost feelings and thoughts. I know that you have been struggling, but reading your story and daily rituals has made me more aware.
Thank you for sharing your life, for sharing your family and most importantly showing each and everyone of us how to live our lives.
Sure you could curl up in a ball and let satan win. That's what he would want the most.
But you chose to fight, right along side God. He is so amazing. He has stood by you and your family thru all of this. I can honestly say, I don't think I, nor probably alot of us on this blog, could have held up and been as graceful and strong as you. I'm afraid I would have given up and been angry and blamed God for it. But you have shown me that even in the darkest days and situations, our God is not the reasons things have happend. He is the rock we need to lean and on to go to when we think all hope is lost. He restores our faith and our needs.
My prayer is that God continue to be with you and that ultimately Caed be healed and that your family be restored to your "normal" lives. Even though they won't ever be the same, I believe God will make them even better.
Lori, thank you for sharing your heart. You have read it over and over in the comments but it's true. You, Caed and your family are changing lives. What is a way to write your thoughts and feelings, is a vessel for God to use his unfailing love to reach so many. I know I have been changed by you, your story and Caed.
I pray that you continue to be blessed even more than you already have.
Please continue to share with us so that we can see God's glory thru you.
I love you dearly and will do anything I can to help!
May God's light continue to shine in you always!
Steph

Anonymous said...

Thank you for continuing the blog, I know that the time you take to write could also be used for much needed rest but yet you are faithful. Every morning I begin my day by logging on and seeing what the previous day has been for Caed and the rest of the family. I am so sorry that others have made you feel that you have to defend the decisions you make each day concerning your family. Yes you show pictures of the good times and I love seeing the special times that you have but MOST of us read between the lines and realize that all is not better. The good times are great but when you truly look at the pictures and see that little boy with a back pack on in all the pictures it is a reminder that all is not well and far from being over. I agree with other that those who criticize better pray that they never have to walk in your shoes. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers and know that you are in my thoughts all day long. I love you all.
Sheri

Anonymous said...

Thank you for again sharing your heart with us and allowing us to catch a better glimpse of your situation. Your family came to my mind this morning when we read our thought for the day at our morning staff meeting "No matter who you are or what you do, at times people will threaten or discourage you. You may not triumph over every bit of opposition, but follow God and he will see that you prosper." Praying for God to prosper your family with complete healing as you continue to follow Him. What an inspiration your family is to all of us! In Christ, Sharon Bonnot

Anonymous said...

DDavid said 'out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O Lord" and "I complained and my spirit was overwhelmed' Another wise person wrote
Despair, like unhealthy smog
You have engulfed me
And weakened my senses.
I cannot see the way ahead
To avoid the pitfalls, the
collisions,
And pursue the right direction.
I stagger, I stumble all alone.
This pollution smothers me.
Yet He who is above, beyond the
smog of Earthg
Sees clearly all the way
So I, in trust, shall place my
hand in His
He'll lead me safely through.

This I pray for you - sounds like your heart has been stomped on. I pray for His strength when yours in gone, His love and patience when yours wears thin. And that you as you have been doing, will lean on Him and give Him the praise for ALL that's going on.

Anonymous said...

Wow-how frustrating for your family to get kicked while they are already down. Rest in the peace of knowing you are listening to God and following His lead. May you feel a renewed strength today.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for your openess with everyone. It only reinforces our belief that this is all in HIS control and you have given Caed to him. You and Todd are such wonderful parents And may God continue to lift you up with strength for your job ahead.
Have you read the poem "Heavens Special Child" It was given me when my first grandchild was born handicapped and fits you all so well.

Anonymous said...

Thru Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Savior, Praise be to GOD. I know this family very well and thru GOD they are strong. Their faith and love for the Lord is unquestionable like some who question why and what they are doing. To those look upon your own heart first. Lori, Todd, Ann and Ray, keep your faith and stay strong for the Lord Jesus Christ will prevail above all that ya'll have faced and will face. With my love, my heart and my continued prayers.

Melissa B said...

As much as God is teaching you and growing you through this ordeal, He is using you for others. I have told you many times that I admire what you have done with so much Grace, and Love, and Faith, and Hope. You have been a pillar of strength even if you do not know it! You've taken on a burden of even carrying this blog for all this time and once again continue on with Grace. I am so sorry you are having to defend your self for your family's decisions. Only you know what is best for ALL of you and I truly believe God placed you there when this happened just for the simple fact that you were with family. As much as we love our friends, there is comfort and support in a close family like no other!

God bless this family and keep them strong and fill them up with the love and prayers from all the caring people in their lives near and far, known and unknown. You are the great physician, Lord, and we know you have a plan for Caed and the whole family. I lift them up to you in this time of sturggle and suffering and ask that you heal them all emotionally and physically!

Christy Hallum said...

Lori,

I attend church with Mark and Tamara in Seminole. I have been following your blog since the day you first started. My family and I have spent many hours in prayer for you and your beautiful family. Thank you for your heartfelt transparency in this post. I am sure no one can imagine or understand what you are going through, but I have a very heartfelt compassion for you and your family.

Having two girls of my own I can only imagine what it is like to be away from your husband or your other children, but I understand doing whatever it takes to heal your child. I am sure it is hard to understand why you and your family are going through this, but I know that God is right beside you holding your hand or even right there caring you when you are down.

My Prayer For You Today:

Father, please give Lori and Todd peace. Please be with them as they are going through this horrible time in their lives. Give them ways to connect with each other and to feel the others presence even while they are apart. Father "Bless" this families life and "Bless" this darling child. Father allow Caed to receive the treatment he needs to be able to become a normal little boy again. Lead this family to the treatment you are wanting for their child.

Father give Lori peace about the decisions they are making. These decisions may not seem like the best thing to others, but they are not the ones living this life. Father while blessing Lori give others words to say to be an encouragement instead of a burden on this family.

Father I know that you are working to heal this precious child. Complete your work in this family so that they can be reunited to do the work you have set before them. When they are reunited make it seem as though there has never been a time apart.

Father you are faithful to heal. Heal this precious child today and bring his family back together. In your precious name. Amen.

This is my prayer for you and your family. Be blessed!!!

Continually Praying,

Christy Hallum

Anonymous said...

I agree. I have absolutely NO idea what you are going through.
Just know, that even though I (and many others) may be clueless as to what you are really going through, we love you. We're standing by you, even when we don't understand it all. Isn't that what faith is? Trusting in something you will never completely understand?
There are very few things I am sure about, but I know this is true: God is behind EVERYTHING, good and bad, and He's always on our side.
And if He's on our side, who should we fear?

Anonymous said...

Todd & Lori, we love you guys, and though none of us can ever know what you've gone through (and are going through), we are with you in this. Our family prays for your family at every mealtime (for Caed's tummy to heal and for strength, patience, and comfort for all of you). Caed also gets included in bedtime prayers. Stacey has just about worn out the F5 button on the macbook watching for your post every night.

While we pray for all of this to become a memory instead of your reality, we are thankful as we watch God provide for you in the midst of it. Caed's story has been an inspiration and a testimony to all of us on the outside to trust God through everything.

"May the Lord bless you and keep you;
May the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
May the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Please know that your struggles, hard as they are to understand, have been and continue to be a witness of God's grace and love to so many. Thank you for honestly explaining the hardships and pain associated with Caed's illness.

It's easy to say what we think others should do...because we don't have to do it. I thank you for the reminder that we never know what someone else is really going through, and as fellow Christians, we should be a source of His love, comfort and support.

Trust your hearts; it is so obvious that you are all seeking God's guidance and are giving Him all the glory for what He is doing through this incredibly hard time in your life.

Praise the Lord that there is this clinic in Nebraska. As you make arrangements to go there, please know that there are many people who will be paving the way with prayer.

Anonymous said...

I have just came across this site. You are all in my prayers. I know God answers prayers. You need to keep leaving the situation in HIS hands. I know you don't know me but I will be here to listen and pray with you anytime. I know God is there with you when you need HIM the most.

Patti from Lusby, MD

Karyn said...

It was a blessing to read your oh-so-very-transparent post. Thank you for being real--that's hard sometimes.

You do come to mind often, and I lift you up before the Lord. I pray He will continue to be your strength, your refuge, and your peace. I pray He will hold together the bonds of your marriage despite the extreme circumstances that pull you apart. I pray you will find joy in your children despite the overwhelming, tiresome days.

You are doing an amazing job. You are fabulous. You are incredible. You are SUPERWOMAN!!! Keep it up in the strength of the Lord!

"Trust in the Lord at all times, ye people, POUR OUT YOUR HEART BEFORE HIM; God is a refuge for us."

--Karyn