Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Play ball!

We officially made it through Caed's first t-ball game......in one piece. And no, Mommy didn't cry the entire time. ha! However, as I sat and watched him play and noticed how "normal" he looked, I realized no one there even knew Caed's story nor his current condition (other than his coach). That's actually a good thing. The fact that he has come SO FAR from one year ago today.....he is so strong....so brave....and one of the greatest joys in my life. I couldn't help but just thank God over and over tonight as I sat up in the bleachers. He had mercy on my son! And I believe the best is yet to come for Caed. Thank YOU ALL for your continued prayers for him. We do not take them for granted, and believe that it just might have been because of them that God chose to heal him. May the Lord bless you abundantly!!!!

The game was.....well......if you've ever watched a 5 yr. old t-ball game, then you know just how this one was too. Many players tried so hard to make a short cut home by skipping the first 2 bases. It was lots of fun! Caed did awesome. The coach put him at pitcher the first inning. Now, you wouldn't think the pitcher would have much responsibility in a T-BALL game, but Caed caught every hit.....and threw right to first like he was told. I even over heard a dad sitting nearby say...."Man, that pitcher is good!" ha! Made a mama proud. However, it's not Caed's athletic ability that caused me to be proud of him. I'm simply proud of all the obstacles he was able to overcome this past year. He is truly one amazing little boy! With one AWESOME God carrying him every step of the way!!!!


Pre-game pep talk








11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori,
That is so great. I probably would have bawled thru the whole thing! haha! Way to go Caed. He looks like a pro already!!
You guys are always in our hearts and in our prayers!
Love ya!
Steph

Anonymous said...

Caed is such a testimony to what God can do if only we believe and trust him. How proud you and Todd have to be to see such a miracle.His whole year has been so inspirational to so many.The pics are so great. Just to see all that Caed has accoplished with God's help.What a wonderful family you all are.

Lara said...

Lori,
I have been following your story for months, but because of a recent move for my family, my "computer time" has been limited. I just checked in today and I am so happy that Caed continues to improve. The t-ball pictures are priceless. I will keep praying!!

Anonymous said...

WOW what a handsome ball player, I am so happy for all of you. Lori I know your heart was overwhelmed. I want to cry just thinking of it. What a milestone in your lives. Keep it up Caed you are awsome.
LOVE YOU ALL
Sheri c.

Anonymous said...

This posting brought tears. So much blessing has been bestowed and so many answers to prayer. So neat to see Caed in uniform and having such a good time. We knew he would be a good little baseball player. After all, we do remember "Justin". Give Caed a Rah Rah from us. Cork & Carol

TERS! said...

tears and laughter also... giggling cause he looks so happy!!! :)

Anonymous said...

God is so good! I cried reading the whole thing. I'm so proud of Caed and you and Todd. You guys are doing an awesome job as parents. I totally agree, God has great things planned for little Caed.
Love you guys,
Libby and David

Bethany said...

1. Way to go Caed!!! Hope to see you play in person real soon! :)

2. Every time I see the pictures you post, I am amazed (and a tad bit jealous) of your ability to take such awesome pictures, Lori! :)

3. We miss and love you all!! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Caed! So proud of you and your team....go Orange! Knew you would be the bestest player...keep up the good job! Hear you lost another tooth...hey little snaggle....Happy Easter and hope your trip is good...love you bunches...Aunt MeMe

Colleen said...

Caed looks.... AWESOME!!!! OMG, what a thrill to see him play his first t-ball game... Hope you are having a wonderful Easter!!! I think about you guys all of the time... Keep up the good work Caed!!! You are a trooper....

Anonymous said...

Caed and family ---

We really enjoyed looking at your T-ball pictures and listening to the Easter story...we are sending our prayers your way for a good Dr. appointment and a safe trip home...can't wait to see you out riding your bike...and we are coming to one of your games...maybe thursday...hurry home and we miss you.

your favorite travel agents,

kendall and wayne