Friday, April 17, 2009

Check those TV Guides!

I wanted to share with you a story about a special little boy that we have come to love. His name is Devin and he was born with Short Bowel Syndrome. He is Caed's age and has just recently received a life saving bowel transplant. He and his family currently live in New York, and I have surely come to love his Mommy. She has listened to me and given much needed advice. Most of the short gut kids that I am aware of are babies or toddlers. I was SO happy to hear about Devin!

Nightline (10:30 pm -ABC) has been following Devin's story, and has put together a piece that (should) air TONIGHT!! (Apr. 17th). Check your local listings.

April is National Donor Awareness Month and it is only fitting that Devin's story is told now. Please set your DVR's or make a point to watch it!! We love this family and are so glad the media has picked up their wonderful story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lori....I am balling this morning. I didn't get to watch the show last night but they have it online so I sat here this morning and was overcome with emotion. I wasn't expecting for it to effect me in that way. I would love to send her an email or card if you have her contact info. THANK YOU for sharing this with me. Love you!
Megan