Wednesday, April 1, 2009

2 for 2

....well, almost.

First off, the regular old Arm & Hammer seems to be just fine. We switched from the $180 bottle(s) of liquid to the 62 cents of powder. Caed hasn't skipped a beat. Yea!!!!

Then, I just got off the phone with our insurance company. They have been nothing but top-rate from the get go. The man I talked to was in shock at supposedly what our home infusion company has been telling us. He read me off our policy concerning enteral nutrition and said there is NO reason they should be denying us feeding bags. He told me where to go to on the website, and then stopped and said, "No, ma'am, can you just give me your company's number and I will personally speak to them about this matter?" wow! Talk about service!! Of course the person I usually have to deal with was out of the office, but he left a very detailed message on her machine. So, hopefully all will be worked out, but I'm not holding my breath. The lady with our home infusion co. generally puts up quite a fight.....unfortunately. But, I am encouraged none the less.

My next prayer is that when we go to NE in a few weeks, the drs. lower his time on the pump to only at night....then we won't have to worry about this whole "bag issue!" :)

Thank you again for your prayers concerning these matters.

God is GOOD!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Okay... so how do you not need bags for night infusions? Curious minds want to know. What a weird deal. Wouldn't it be in the infusion companies best interest to sell the stuff and fight to get insurance coverage? I would think their livelihood would depend on that. Of course, that would probably be too logical to work out...

TERS! said...

best of luck, fingers crossed!!! and wow, go insurance man, he needs a commendation, since normally well, well, you know... :)

Anonymous said...

So sad that you have to go through all this stuff as well! Sat in a meeting yesterday about how medicare works (or not) in supplying home medical equipment for the residents I care for after they leave us. What a lot of hassles!! Sure am praying that this guy will persevere and solve your problems regarding all this!
Love you guys! Cork and Carol

Anonymous said...

Will be praying that the home infusion employee or owner will be receptive to the insurance company. God can certainly change people's hearts, right?
Love yall,
Mar