Saturday, December 13, 2008

A special prayer request for a special young man





I have been extra burdened by something the last several days, and finally decided to share it on the blog. I know how the prayers of hundreds (all across the country) blessed our family this past year, and I wanted to ask the same for a sweet family.

Many of you (who live in and around the Lubbock area) probably have heard this story on the news or you know this family personally. However, I wanted to share this with the many "curious about Caed" prayer warriors across the nation and world that have not heard.

I grew up in a small West Texas town called Idalou. I even went back after college and taught elementary school there for 5 years. During 3 of those years, I had the honor of having a little boy named Tanner Cook (now a Senior at Idalou High). He was an incredible student and all around leader. I have watched him grow up over the past 7-8 years (through the Idalou newspaper), and he has continued to be an awesome role model and star athlete.

On Dec. 6th......Idalou was in a play off football game against Cisco. Tanner suffered a major head injury and is in critical condition at Covenant Children's Hospital there in Lubbock (same one Caed was in).

Please add this young man to your prayer list! He desperately needs a miracle. As we have seen first hand, prayer is SO POWERFUL!!! We give God the credit for Caed's healing, and we believe He can do the same in Tanner's life as well.

You can keep updated with Tanner's progress by visiting a website:

www. carepages.com

(you will have to register, but it doesn't cost a thing. Once you have registered, you will need a password to view Tanner's page. It is:

Tanner24

Thank you so much!! God is already answering our prayers as Tanner is slowly making progress. However, he has a long road ahead of him. As a mother who has experienced sitting by your son's ICU bedside and watching him "breath" through a ventilator.....I am hurting for Sandy (his mom). There is such an incredible helpless feeling that you have. Those early days were tough.......as I know they are for his parents and brother.

But, God is Faithful!!!! He WILL bring them through..........................stronger!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a mom who went thru these circumstances and were told no hope for a full recovery I relied on God and prayer. One night my son awoke completely healed and in 2 days was home again .The Dr.s said only a miracle could have done that.
I am now adding this young man to my prayer list I pray that he too will be healed.

Anonymous said...

God does still work miracles, doesn't HE?! I will keep this young man in my prayers. I know what it is like to see your child go through a hard time and can't do anything but pray. But we all know that GOD does answers prayers. Thank you Lori for sharing this with us.

God bless you and your family,
Patti from lusby, MF

Carolyn said...

Will be praying for Tanner and his family. God is truly our Healer.
SO thankful you had some "get away" time to relax and enjoy. Just what the "doctor" ordered.
Still praying for each of you.
In His great love,
Carolyn O'Cain