Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The big 4-0

This morning Todd took Caed to his weekly dr. appt. He gained about 8 ounces the last 10 days.....which means he has officially left the "30's". He weighed in at 40.4 lbs!! Praise God! His blood draw went well, I guess. We will wait tomorrow for the results. Don't expect anything to be out of whack. Caed is still going strong.

I also was on the phone most of the afternoon trying to find a Pedi Endochrinologist. The ones I tried do not take our insurance, and when I called Children's Dallas, the quickest they can see him is April. Not sure Nebraska will want to wait that long. Our GI dr. there said his growth hormone level was irretracable, and was in the works trying to get him started ASAP. So, another call went out to the IRP in NE. I will hopefully hear something tomorrow.

Another praise is that we finally got our home infusion started here through Option Care Dallas. We should get our first shipment of meds and supplies tonight. Hopefully!!!!!!!! We are running low.

It's amazing how difficult it can be trying to get everything transferred. (drugs, med supply company, drs, etc.....) However, for the most part....everyone has been very nice and is helping us as best they can. I definitely have felt a peace knowing things are slowly falling into place.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I do not envy you dealing with insurance companies, doctors' offices, etc! I can't imagine the headache! Happy to hear about 40lbs! That is amazing!!!!

Carolyn said...

I hear the peace in your "voice", Lori. God is SO good. He will provide just what you need. He is faithful. How awesome that Caed gained some weight! Praise God!!!
Still praying and sending my love.
In His great love,
Carolyn O'Cain

Unknown said...

buy tretinoin gel 0.1 online clean the affected area with water and a non-medicated soap. Let it dry for 20-30 minutes before applying it. It may increase the severity of the spots or pimples in the first few weeks of use.