Sunday, December 14, 2008

12 yrs. ago today...


...I married the love of my life. I vowed to God in front of family and friends to love, honor, and cherish him for as long as I lived. Although as I look back now, I know I did not truly understand what that simple, common phrase meant. I couldn't. Neither of us had ever been married and had a clue what marriage really involved. We were 'in love'..........floating on the clouds.........everything was as it should be. Perfect. However, it didn't take long for the honeymoon to be over and the storms of life to roll in. We have had our ups and downs, like everyone else, but the one prayer I have every Dec. 14th is for the Lord to draw us closer than the previous year. For Him to teach us what it truly means to love unconditionally and give us grace in areas we are lacking.

God has been good to us this year. Not only with Caed and his health, but with the enormous difficulty of living the majority of it separate. I promise you satan attacked more times than we care to count. He knew what prime circumstances were present to bring fear and doubt into our marriage. I am so thankful for the protection and grace that has been placed over us these last 12 years, but especially this last one. It was tough..............

Todd, as I often tell you, it is extremely difficult for me to verbally express my feelings. Writing them.....no problem. But, face to face.....I struggle daily. I am sorry. I love you more today than I did 12 years ago. I continue to be so grateful to you for your example and Godly leadership in our family. Thank you for providing for Reagan, Caed, Caleb, and I and allowing ME to fulfill the desires of MY HEART by having the opportunity to be with them at home. It has not been easy, but I thank you for always supporting me in this. I thank God for your heart. For your genuine desire to know Him better, and your passion to see others do the same. Thank you for the wonderful gifts you have given me through Reagan, Caed, and Caleb. They are the joys of my heart!! I pray that as we continue to live this life together, we grow closer, and be the example to our children of what a Godly marriage truly looks like.

Thank you for loving me.........despite me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! May God bless you with many more years together

-Patti from Lusby, MD

Marilyn said...

Happy Anniversary, Todd and Lori!
Jeff and Mar

Anonymous said...

Wishing you many more years of happiness! May God continue to use your family and may He bless you all in very special ways!
Love,
Tina

Anonymous said...

Happy belated anniversary. Thanks for Tanner's web site. I have added him to my prayer list also.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and....AMEN! My thoughts exactly on marriage!
Many Blessings, Sarah

Anonymous said...

So enjoyed seeing your wedding photo. What a great looking couple then and now!!! It is so important to keep looking for the good in each other...good reminder for me. Will pray for Tanner also and check with Karin to see if she has heard about him.
Hugs and love to you all,
Carol

Carolyn said...

What a wonderful prayer each year on your anniversary. Each of you are a real blessing to the other. Praise the Lord for drawing each of you closer to Him and closer to each other and your family. Happy Anniversary, Todd and Lori!
In His great love,
Carolyn O'Cain

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 12 years together! I so much believe in marriage. I know God has made yours stronger and more holy through all of your trials. What a blessing!
Bridget R.