Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Family

Only 48 hours................and yet it seemed like a year. We left my parents' house Sat. afternoon, and by 9:00 last night, they were here with us in Celina! Now, before you get the wrong idea and think they just couldn't stay away from Caleb (partly true...ha!), they came simply to stay the night. It was either here with us or a hotel. I think we all knew that the hotel just wouldn't cut it.

My dad's mom (Gwen) is in a Tyler hospital (about 130 miles away). She is having open heart surgery as I type (Tue. morning). Please keep her in your prayers. I really can't even begin to describe her. She is one in a million!! A Godly woman with SUCH wisdom. Normally the dr. said he would not consider doing this surgery on an 88 yr. old, but because she is in overall "good health," he feels she will do just fine. However.....it is open heart surgery, so we just pray they will be able to repair the damage and she can recover as smoothly as possible.

When my parents walked through the front door, Caleb made a bee line straight for them!! I know he missed them both so much!! He just kept going from one to the other....just couldn't get enough. My mom was even able to rock him to sleep before bedtime. Something I'm sure they both needed. It was kinda hard for Reagan and Caed to understand Nana & Grandaddy weren't getting to stay. (they left back out this morning at 4 am) However, just the few hours we could see them last night was wonderful. Might seem odd to some people how much we have already missed them after only 48 hrs. apart (not to mention the year spent in Idalou). And if that is the case, then you don't know my parents! I love them so much and enjoy any and all time spent together. They simply brighten my spirits. Yes, they will always be my "mom and dad," but more importantly, they have become "my friend." It has been hard being away from our family the last 7 years. But, what joy this past year brought being able to see everyone (Todd's family too) on a daily basis. God knew being close to OUR FAMILY was crucial for us during this difficult time.

Just seeing that familiar face, reminiscing old stories, laughing together, crying together, supporting you no matter what, always giving Godly counsel, and loving you unconditionally...that's what my family is all about. I AM BLESSED! I know it. I do not take it for granted. And I thank GOD daily for the undeserving gift that He has given me through my family.............every single member!! I love each and every one of you!!!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Praying for your grandmother. What a loving tribute to your family. Yes, family is wonderful. An awesome blessing from the Lord! Praying for Caed's continual recovery and for the adjustment of your entire family to the "new normal".
Sending my love, hugs, and prayers.
In His great big love,
Carolyn O'Cain

Brenda said...

Oh, Lori...I see so much of Ann and Ray in YOU!! I have grown to love them so very much and am blessed to call them "friend". But they are more than that...they are "family" to many of us as well. Your mom and I have laughed together and cried together many times. She is an amazing prayer partner and has the sweetest and most giving spirit of anyone I know! I am so thankful that the five of you are FINALLY home! Thank you for sharing your family's journey with all of us through this blog. You have touched hearts worldwide, and it has been a privilege to pray for your family. It has become a part of my daily routine each morning to click on your blog to see what specific needs your family may have. You have stated that your writing was therapeutic for you, but it has been therapeutic for me as well. God has spoken to my heart countless times through something you have shared. Our prayers continue to be for Caed's healing. Please keep us all updated on his progress. We LOVE seeing and reading about all your precious children! May God continue to bless you as you have blessed us!

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for all the answered prayers and for holding this precious family in your most loving arms. We are eternally grateful for who you are and for what you mean to each of us. Thank you for your love and for proving to us time and time again that your grace is sufficient. We adore you and praise you forever and ever...in your most holy name we pray...amen

Bethany said...

I totally agree with you Lori! Family is precious!! I too love your family, and still think back to when we stayed with them when you were pregnant with Caed! Good memories!!! :) Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Oh Nana and Granddaddy, what a special pair they really are... just like you and todd great parents! Continuing to pray and praise for good reports and family time! Love and Miss Ya'll