Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's OUT!




Praise God! No more flushes, no more alcohol swabs, no more caps, no more blue gloves to cut (only our family understands this one), no more dreaded dressing changes or line infections...................NO MORE CENTRAL LINE!!!



Now to HIM who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to HIM be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen! (Ephesians 3:20-21)





our LAST saline flush this morning!!!!



The procedure was very quick. Caed was scared........yes, he did cry, and yes.....his eyes were as big as saucers when he saw me holding his line up, but he did wonderful!!! Mommy did wonderful! ha! I was praying right before they came in, and I kept reciting the verse "Peace be still..........." Not only did I feel HIM in the room, I know HE was! Thank you , thank you, thank you to all who prayed for us today! How blessed we are!!! Today is such a HUGE milestone and you all were right................."He's carried us this far, He's not going anywhere now." I look forward to the future when we can celebrate again with our one remaining tube!

Thank you Jesus!!!!!


Our conversation just last night:

Caed (as he's sitting on the potty): I wish I was never sick!

Mommy: Oh, but Caed you are doing so good. You are SO much better now!

Caed: yeah, but I still have these..........................(pointing to his tubes)


After clinic this afternoon I reminded Caed that HE IS getting better because he doesn't have to have the 'white tube' anymore. He just looked up at me and smiled. (something I will never forget)


One of our main prayer request would be that his labs continue to look good and for his weight to continue increasing (he gained a little this week.....few ounces).

They have decided to keep him on Vanco for a month or more. Slowly decreasing the dosage each week. They said there is a strand of c-diff going around that is pretty difficult to get rid of.

They want blood drawn Thurs. and Mon. (PLEASE pray for this too!!!.....ouch!) And we will go back to clinic next Tues. for one last visit. We will have blood drawn again that next Thurs., and then will be FREE TO GO!! Praise God!

This morning one of our friends called and came and got Reagan. I was very glad as I worried about her being in the room when the line got pulled. Her daughter is also 8 and Reagan has loved spending time with her. They went and had a much needed "Girls Day Out." I will try to post pictures later tonight. Now, we are on our way out to Carol and Cordell's for supper.

Thank you again for everything! Thank you for your support and especially prayers!

GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that the central line is out!!! Praying that all will go well this next week and that you can go home.
Betty Purdom

Anonymous said...

woohoo! God is so good! I am glad this day is behind you.
We love you!
Stan, Megan and Xan

Anonymous said...

YIPEE!! So glad this is over for you all! Happy that everything went well and I was so relieved to see that PRECIOUS SMILE when I got back to my computer....good boy, Caed...you are such a brave boy!! MeMe prayed all night and especially today at 1 p.m....thinking of you before and during your procedure. Will continue to pray that all goes well and you keep gaining weight. AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU S-O-O-O-N!! Hugs and Kisses....Aunt MeMe

Anonymous said...

So glad to see your post early. God is so good!!!Just like the hymn says-Just when I need him most.I am happy he has sent you such good friends in Omaha.
I love you all and will continue to pray for all of you.

Anonymous said...

YYYYAAAAAEEEEEHHHHH!!!! how exciting! What a great smile on Caed! He's so brave, as are you Lori-- He's still in control and we're still praying! Love!

Anonymous said...

I was so surprised to see your early post today. God just told me to go ahead and check since you have been in my prayers all day. Hallelujah. Caed's smile says it all :)

Marilyn said...

Megan stole my line, but I'll say it anyway, Woohoo!!!!!!!! Love yall,
Mar

Melissa B said...

WTG!! So proud of you and Caed for all you have had to go through! I know this next week will fly by and you will get to come home soon! PRAISE GOD!

Anonymous said...

I just came by to see if there was an update.....SO HAPPY for you all that things went smoothly today. Be strong......it sounds like your time away is almost up and then you will be reunited!
Praying for you!
Lara in Indiana

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD!!! He truly answers our prayers!

prayers and hugs,
Patti from Lusby, MD

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to see your post today. Yahoo! I know the line out was a big step and a wonderful relief! Yea Caed, Yea Lori and Yea GOD! We love you and hope you are all home soon!
Amy O.