Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Slowly making progress

As I go to bed tonight, I feel peace. Something I did not have last night. My mind was racing and I just had too many things on my "to do" list. Today actually was a productive day for me, even though I was only able to cross out maybe 2 things off the list. ha!

Thank you SO VERY MUCH Sarah for coming over and taking the kids with you for several hours. They had lots of fun, and I was able to run my errands much easier. When I came home, Todd had Caleb's bed all put together! My heart just melted. I keep staring at it in disbelief that he is really going to be in it soon.

We have missed that little boy more than anyone can ever imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God that You have brought our family this far. Thank you for the sweet reunion that we hope to have tomorrow. Great is Your Faithfulness!!!!



Caed has had at least 2 baths a day since we got
to the hotel Fri. night! When he asks, I let him get in.
I figure he has LOTS of them to make up!!!!



Tonight he added a little twist to it......wanted to
wear his bathing suit!!



Getting to spend the day with his good
buddy Reid.



Finally............my baby has a BED!!!!



*we took Caed to his pediatrician yesterday for his weekly blood draw/weight check and flu shot. It was a little more difficult this time because of the "new doctor." However, I know in no time he will get to know her and the staff just like he has all the others. The "trust factor" with him does not come easy. The nurse called me today and said his labs looked great and they were faxing them off to Nebraska. He possibly also gained a little. I don't like comparing when it's different scales, so we will check it out next week. (hopefully ALL the turkey and mashed potatoes from Thursday will pay off!......we wish! If you could only see how little he actually eats at each meal. However, even in that I am counting my blessings. Many short gut children do not eat anything by mouth.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh happy day!!! Have a safe trip. We are on our way out the door and will soon see our little Juniper Joy! Yeah!! Tell all your family hi for us!
Love you Hollingworths!
Carol

Carolyn said...

Can't wait for the picture of little Caleb in his baby bed! What a wonderful Thanksgiving you and your family will have... being ALL together once again!!! What a loving God we serve. My heart is overwhelmed with joy as I think about all He has done in your lives and how far He has brought you through such difficult times. HE is so good. Praise Him!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL!
In His great love,
Carolyn O'Cain

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back to Celina, Lori! I know that your emotions are like a roller coaster, but the Lord will lead you by the hand-step by step.

You have been such an encouragement to me over these past months.


Happy Thanksgiving!
Shannon Callaway

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Welcome home!

Tish Vana and family