Thursday, November 6, 2008

I WILL rejoice!

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything; by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4: 4-7)





Will there always be fear? Will I ever get to the point that I don't worry when Caed has a tummy ache, a fever, seems overly tired, etc... I'm not sure. When you go through a great trauma, I think it always follows you (somehow). Today was a big day for us...Caed's first lab draw since being off the IV fluids, and also quite possibly his LAST dressing change! I've had feelings that I don't think I can explain, nor which most would even understand. These are things we have been doing EVERY week for the last 8+ months, as awful as they are, as traumatic as the dressing changes have been for him, it's a strange feeling thinking these aspects of Caed's illness are over. Please hear me.....I'm not saying I don't want them to end. YES! Of course I do. But, again, it's something that I cannot explain. It's moving into a new phase....uncharted waters. Much quieter waters, but nevertheless unknown. As much as I want that central line OUT, it also has provided great security for us. It helps drawing blood every week to be a painless experience. Something quite honestly I am dreading SO MUCH!! Today was supposed to be a day of great rejoicing. Prayers have been answered! And yet, time and again, I felt satan creeping in trying to steal my joy and consume my heart with fear. What if his labs come back abnormal? What if we take out the line too soon? What if we're getting our hopes up for a recovery that may not happen? Will there ever be a time I don't worry?



The thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy.............. (John 10:10)



The Lord has reminded me of this truth many times today. It is a choice I have to make. I fully recognized satan's attack against me today, so now I need to choose JOY!!! Isn't that just like 'the deceiver'? Days that should be filled with rejoicing and praise, he sneaks in and plants seeds of fear and doubt. God has answered so many prayers for Caed and this week we are seeing them play out. Our nurse called this afternoon and said HIS LABS LOOKED PERFECT! He has only had 3 stools so far today!!!! He possibly had his LAST dressing change EVER!! We will be heading HOME (and our family be reunited) very soon!!

PRAISE GOD!!! YOU HAVE BEEN SO FAITHFUL TO US! YOU HAVE BESTOWED TREMENDOUS GRACE AND MERCY ON OUR FAMILY! YOU, AND YOU ALONE ARE WORTHY! YOU ARE JEHOVAH-RAFAH.....THE GREAT HEALER! YOU CONTINUE TO CARRY US THROUGH THIS TERRIBLE STORM! THROUGH YOU.....WE WILL OVERCOME!


I will choose to REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!




Last pain-free blood draw????????




LAST dressing change?????????

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori,
How your blog touched my heart as I can understand the mixed feelings you are experiencing. Please know we are continuing to pray for Caed and for his recovery. We look forward to reading about his return home and you family being reunited!
Minichans in SC

Anonymous said...

What a Thanksgiving you will have this year!!!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! We are rejoicing with you. What a huge step.
We will continue to pray each and everyday.

We love you guys!
Libby and David

Anonymous said...

My heart is filled with JOY! WHat a great way to start the day. I pray that you will be given peace, We pray for his continual healing. We pray for a safe journey home and a sweet fellowship with your family! How meaningful will this Thanksgiving be!
Lesli

Stacey said...

Glad the lab worked looked great. We'll be praying for the next lab draw... and then praying things maintain when the line is gone! And, I totally second the "what a thanksgiving you will have this year" comment.

Anonymous said...

God is so great. He knows our needs and hears our prayers. The news of Caed is so good. It has been a long battle for your family but you have perserved and stayed faithful. So many have been blessed from your trials. You will never know how hearts have been changed and lives bettered by it all.Thank you for letting us be a part of it all.

Carolyn said...

It's hard to believe, isn't it, Lori? God's deliverance is at hand. I am so filled with awe by what the Lord is doing and has done. All I can do is praise Him and be speechless at the same time. My prayers continue for all of you and can hardly wait to hear that you, Caed, and Reagan are going home. What a joyful homecoming that will be.
I love you all.
In His great and mighty love,
Carolyn O'Cain

Melissa B said...

I hope you will be home to Celina soon!!

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD!!
I expect to see Caed in Children's choir real soon! I'll save a spot for him in the Christmas pageant if he would like to be in it.
THANK YOU JESUS!!
Bridget Raymond

Anonymous said...

I had a cute little 3 year old tell me today... "Yea I play with Caed, because he's my best friend!" =) Love You Guys!