Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Not the other one too!!

Not sure how much more this Mommy (turned nurse) can handle in just one day!

A few minutes ago, I turned around and Caed was whimpering holding his G-tube in this hand! My heart about stopped! I knew this was a common occurrence for kids with G-tubes, but something we hadn't experienced yet ourselves. The last couple of months I have either read or talked with other moms who would mention this very thing. I was always appalled, and would question them extensively on "how you put it back in."

Now, here's the kicker: Just today......during our clinic appt. (for some reason), I asked them again to please explain to me in detail how you fix it when it comes out. I still can't believe it!! If this would have happened two days ago, I would have been at a total loss.

Poor Caed was crying (mainly out of fear), and I was secretly a basket case inside. I was a good actress and tried to just calm him down and "act" like it was no big deal. "Mommy will fix it...I promise, it's ok." While all the while my hands shaking and mind racing.

It was easy. I knew this day would come sooner or later, but I sure wasn't expecting it to be TODAY! For a few minutes, Caed was completely TUBE FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God for providing for me once again tonight. You knew.....and made sure I was prepared.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

VICTORY IN JESUS! Thank you Lord for your mercy,grace and peace for Caed and Lori! To be set free on this day, Veterans Day, November 11, 2008. With your stripes we are healed! by your love! We give you praise, honor and glory. Amen and Amen!

Anonymous said...

So proud of all of you! Hoping and praying for all of you to be home and together soon!
Hugs and kisses
Love,
Tina

Carolyn said...

As I was reading all your updates, Lori, I heard "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" on the radio. Perfect for you and your family. HE is great, mighty, and awesome and has brought each of you SOOOO far. Praise Him! So much in one day, but all to His greatest glory. I am so excited for you and especially for Caed. That smile on his face said it all. He is one happy little guy. God is so good. Will keep praying as always. Won't be long before you are all together again. My heart overflows with praise for the Lord for all of you. It's gonna be GREAT!
In His great love,
Carolyn O'Cain

Anonymous said...

Way to go Girl! You are going to do great with Caed when you get him home. It sounds like he is much more manageable. I'll try to make myself available if you need any help when ya'll get home - what ever you might need, even help with the others. We look forward to you all coming home.

Stacey said...

Good job, Lori!