Thursday, January 8, 2009

A shock to my system

"Go get your coat, Reagan. It's winter!!!..."

...I yelled out as we were heading out the door this afternoon. I took 3 steps outside and my body literally went into shock. After spending the last 5 days in Nebraska............well, need I say more? I'm not sure what the high was today, but when we got in the car, the temp read 72!!! All I could do was think back to yesterday morning at 5:30 as Caed and I were bundled up pushing our way through the "arctic blast of wind!!" Oh! it was cold!!!!! Everytime we got into our rental car, the heater was cranked to "BROIL." Today, I found myself doing the opposite. ha!

We ran some much needed errands this afternoon, and the plan is to spend the next couple of days going through this house and attempting to pack up everything that belongs to us. Can I remind you that Reagan and Caleb have been living here for almost a year! Caed and Reagan first came here on Feb. 22, 2008. Caleb then joined the household a week later.

When we left here after Thanksgiving, we did not have the room to load up everything. We thought it was more important to simply get HOME.....without the stress of having to "move" too. I wish you could imagine your life this past year.....try to think of EVERYTHING you used during it......probably couldn't pack it all into a few suitcases, huh? (and don't forget you have 3 kids too) My mom is planning on coming with us to Celina for a few days to help out. I was able to go through a few closets, clean out most of the pantry, and unpack all the boxes from Nebraska a few weeks ago......but oh!, do I dare say we have only touched the surface. I am actually feeling ok. Yes, a little "unsettled" and overwhelmed at all the packing that has to be done, but I'm just ready to finally BE HOME! Our time in Celina the few weeks of December was only a tease in my mind. I knew with the holidays and our trip back to NE, we would only get to be "home" a short time. Now......things should finally settle down a bit (Lord willing!!).

I do pray we can rest and have a "quieter" 2009.

*I will continue to blog. (I'm addicted now...ha!) Caed's story is far from over!! And I will always have "something" to share. Just may not be an everyday occurrence........thanks for continuing to read (and pray for our family) even if the "drama" has faded. We love you all!!!!

8 comments:

Stacey said...

Glad you will continue your blog even though things have calmed down for you guys. I will happily read posts about life as a youth minister's wife and a homeschooling mom. Those would be far better blog entries in my book!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Stacey! I'd like to see just your normal, regular day to day living with 3 kids! i'm thinking that will be drama enough for awhile! i am glad you'll keep blogging because i've found that i'm addicted as well! lol
take care.
hugs and kisses to all
love
Tina

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear you will continue to blog. I love just keeping in touch with you and your family. I so miss all of you. I would love to continue hearing from the Reagan show and she can keep us up on Caed and Caleb. We have to keep up with Caeds dancing and whatever else he comes up with. What a blessing to see his personality has returned and to just watch that beautiful little Caleb grow. I too am an addict and have several other blogs I read daily that you have given to us. Thank you Lori for taking the time and sharing.
Sheri
Sheri

Anonymous said...

We love your blog and the drama fading is an answer to many continuing prayers by many people!

Anonymous said...

It was so good to hear the good report and to also know you two made it back to Texas! We love you guys and continue to pray for each of you everyday. I'm sooo glad you are going to keep blogging. I miss you on the days you don't!

Love,
Libby and David

Carolyn said...

My goodness, how the Lord has carried you and yours in the past year. What a testimony you and your family has! I'm in awe of it all. I'll still be here and praying for each of you. It's going to so humbling to see how the Lord uses all that has happened to each of you. Showers of His greatest blessings to you all.
In His great love,
Carolyn O'Cain

Anonymous said...

Lori, we're all also addicted to your blog! Keep up the writing. You never know how God will use it in the future. I know this blog has blessed me numerous times. I'll keep checking and keep praying. Let me know if I can help in any way when you get back to Celina. I'm a pretty good closet-cleaner-outer!
amy

Anonymous said...

I'm a pretty good closet cleaner-outer too!
Bridget R.