Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hold You High

(look closely....you can find Caed-man on the front row in a striped shirt. He absolutely LOVES stuff like this....especially the BAND!!!!)


....the theme from our Disciple Now weekend. It was (as usual) an incredible 3 days! There is always so much leading up to this annual event for our family. It is by far Todd's busiest time as a student minister. We don't get to see much of him the few weeks leading up to it, but it is so worth it in the end. Todd truly has a gift in organizing events like this. (right down to every minor detail) This weekend was amazing, and the Lord was faithful. His presence was inevitably felt and I believe He touched every heart (in some way). Many students were saved and even more re-dedicated their lives to Him. Oh, how I needed this weekend!!!!

The kids and I "moving back" (officially) this week was difficult in the sense that Todd was not around much. Like I said before, this is his absolutely busiest week of the year. I found myself questioning the timing. However, I found out rather early into the weekend that it was definitely a God-thing. My mom is still here helping us get "settled." Therefore, it allowed Reagan, Caed, and I to go and be apart of D-Now much more than if I had Caleb by myself. I am so thankful for her and HOW MUCH she has helped me this past year and continues even today.

With all that being said......we did not have as productive of days as we would have liked. D-Now began Thurs. night and it was go...go...go...ever since. I am hoping we can really make lots of progress the next couple of days.

I have had so many people tell me not to worry about getting everything done. "It will eventually happen." Yes, good advice. I agree. However, I wish I could invite you all to my home so you could see for yourself what I'm talking about. Maybe it's just my personality, but it is very hard for me to resume "normal life" (stay-home mom of 3....one baby.....one ill.....and one homeschooled) if things are in total disarray around me. Having to live out of suitcases and boxes is not fun. It doesn't really seem like "home" when you can't find anything you need and you are tripping over boxes at every turn. We were not even able to get everything in this trip. My parents' neighbor (Russ) will be in the area soon, so he is graciously going to deliver the rest to us then. Also remember that the majority of all the boxes and tubs are filled with things that are new. They do not yet have a "home" here. So, we are having to go through everything (can I stress that again??? - cabinets, drawers, closets....every inch of this house!) to get rid of the old and make room for the new. It is an overwhelming task, and even more so when you couple that with D-Now weekend. ha! And, no....my mom will not have to stay forever! I think if we can have a couple more really good productive days, I will feel much better and be able to feel "settled" in my mind and then start trying to resume normal living. Whatever that means.

No comments: