Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tues. 7/15 - update


...for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. (Lam. 3:22-23)


Today was a "new day!" Thank you God! He still was a little sluggish and didn't want to eat hardly at all, but the pain/vomiting, etc....was gone. Our GI dr. called this morning and said he was not thrilled hearing Caed had lost 2 more lbs again this week (nor the fact that they delivered the flavored formula). Caed definitely has a malabsorption issue. (which explains why he has eaten us out of the house, and yet still losing.) Since the food/nutrients aren't being absorbed into the body properly, he still feels hungry all the time. The dr. said our next option is to increase the G-feedings. Caed will have to be "hooked up" for 20 hrs/day @ 75 cc. Not necessarily what we want to hear, but at this point....we don't have a choice. Caed can't afford to continue this weight loss. I'm just thankful we don't have to get back on TPN right now. The dr. said all his numbers are looking so good, and he hates to mess with them (TPN). Caed will have to wear a little backpack all day like he did with his TPN. I know he will not like it, but just like everything else....he'll get used to it, and it'll be fine.

Thank you for praying for him!! I was reminded yesterday that my prayer life the last 2-3 weeks wasn't what it should have been. You know how hard you pray when things seem hopeless and you're at the "end of your rope", and then as soon as things start looking up....you tend to slack off? Well, that's what I did. I hate that Caed had to go through such a rough day yesterday, but I am also thankful that the Lord used it to open my eyes. The battle is still raging......

Todd said camp was going well (minus a trip to the ER last night). One of the guys broke his ankle! Please pray for John.


Thank you Debbie for sending the kids
these stuffed animals! They LOVED
making them. Then after they finished
their animals, they enjoyed a "snowball
fight" with the leftover stuffing. Thank you
for thinking of them!!!


Caed & "Beary"


enjoying some of his toys from the
hospital


Beary & Mooey!! (boy...my children
are creative!)


Caleb enjoying his cereal and bananas!
(his favorite part of the day)

*think my camera is ok. I did what you suggested
and let it dry out for a few days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that Tuesday was a better day. We continue to think and pray for all of you.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that yesterday was a better day. I does stink about the backpack issue, but it could be alt worse.......has been alot worse! Tell Caed that unless he starts absorbing more food, I might disqualify him from the eating contest!!! Love yall.