Friday, April 6, 2012

Persevere



My intention was to write an informative post tonight regarding Caed's surgery today. However...my body is screaming at me that it can't stay up much longer. I promise I will update sometime this weekend (as Caed allows). He had a typical first day of surgery....slept a lot, but also has been in quite a bit of pain. (incision is much bigger now) Controlling it, as always, is our #1 objective at this point. The next several days will be ((tough)), but hopeful he will bounce back to his old self in no time. Thank you all SO MUCH for all the messages you sent. Many times today....I became so overwhelmed at your love and support (and particularly prayers), I intentionally had to stay away from my phone. Seeing them all, and being reminded of each one of your faces, was at times too much for this emotional-basket-case Mama. THANK YOU!!!!

Wanted to simply write an excerpt from a book my mom lent to me last night entitled Jesus Lives. It really spoke to me:

TRIALS
"One of the hardest things about trials is the uncertainty about how long they will last. Usually you can't predict or control the unpleasant circumstances. You just have to live with them indefinitely. At times you may feel as if you can endure no more, but you can always reach out to Me for help. As you cling to Me moment by moment, I enable you to persevere. This produces in you not only endurance but also a harvest of righteousness and peace." (Sarah Young)

Lord, may it be with us...

2 comments:

Paula said...

God is our life-line.....To Him only can we reach for. He is always there, no matter what time of day or night, He is always there....I love you all

Unknown said...

Praying for a smooth recovery.