Thursday, September 10, 2009

You've got to be kidding!

.....I can't believe the last 3 days have ended up like this. Reagan and Caed have had a countdown on our board for over a month with how many days left til Disney. We finally made it to the single digits....and then 5, 4, 3......

uh oh! Should have known it wouldn't be an easy week. :)

It all started Labor Day weekend....what I thought was Reagan's "first pimple" turned into full fledged IMPETIGO! The school called me this morning to come get her. She was running a low grade fever and then "the rash!" We had many guesses as to what it might have been....food allergy, fever blisters/cold sores/eczema........(but my mom was right!)......impetigo. I took her to our pediatrician and she told us Reagan needed to stay home from school for at least 48 hrs. ugghhh! Didn't she know we were leaving this weekend, and Reagan would be missing all 5 days next week too? What awful timing for her to be missing more school!

Then....there's me. I began feeling not- so- good also on Labor Day. Bad sore throat, headaches, sinus and ear pressure, and fatigue. I finally forced myself to go to the dr. this afternoon. Yep....he said I had a pretty bad infection myself. Gave me 2 shots and an antibiotic.

Caed also has "something" brewing. Yucky, yucky nose and the beginnings of a cough. Taking him to our pediatrician for something "simple" like this.....well, isn't always quite so simple. You see, there are certain antibiotics that Caed absorbs better than others. Trying to inform our "back-up/fill-in" pediatrician about Caed's situation, is not fun. So, I have put in a desperate plea to NE, and hopefully they can just call us in something. Oh, I'm praying it can be that easy.

Next.....one of my dear, sweet friends who has battled cancer for the past several years passed away this week. It truly is a rejoicing time. If you knew Rebecca or even talked to her for a few minutes, you knew who she lived for and what she longed for. JESUS! We know she is singing and dancing and praising her Lord right now (pain free!), but yet we are left here to mourn our loss. She was a very special woman who I am going to miss dearly. She lived in Edna (our former church), and even though we have only seen each other twice since our move, she faithfully called and sent beautiful hand-written cards every couple of months. She was one of the most Godly women I have ever met. I thank God for allowing our paths to cross and the sweet time we had together laughing, crying, praying, and studying His Word together. She will be greatly missed......

I am flying out early in the morning to attend her funeral. It will be a marathon day as I will have to fly back 10 hrs. later. Oh, and have I mentioned I haven't yet packed for our trip? Yep....that was on the "to-do" list for today....before I got called away to spend the remainder of it in dr.'s offices and pharmacies.

All will be ok. Usually I am "one crazed-stressin' woman" in times like this.....but not tonight. I guess Rebecca's passing has reminded me to put things in perspective. We are not promised tomorrow.....so let's live for TODAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry all this is going on--I will continue to pray for good health for all of you--hopefully, Caed will get his RX from NE and you & Reagan will already be on the mend by tomorrow. I will be praying for Rebecca's family & friends tomorrow and a safe flight for you. Love to all--Grammy

Anita said...

Goodness, what a full on time you are having! I hope wellness fills your household soon.
We rejoice with you that your beautiful friend is with Jesus now in perfection but hugs as you grieve your loss.