Friday, September 4, 2009

New and Improved......




We finally received Caed's new button today. Normally he is nervous about it coming out (changing it), but today, he came in from school and asked if he could get his new button "right now." One of his friends was over, and I think he was wanting to demonstrate his bravery for her. ha! I didn't mind a bit. If her presence helped the process go smoother, then fine by me! (although her mom may not have agreed...ha!)


This is his old mic key button. Because of all the extra drainage/leakage (from having such a large button).....his stoma has built up granulation tissue. He has had it before. Enough so they wanted to burn it off....but luckily for him somehow we dodged that unpleasant procedure. The skin around the stoma has gotten very red and irritated ever since this whole button thing occurred last week. We have been advised to start putting a cortisone cream around it, so hopefully that can begin healing and getting back to "normal" soon.






This is our NEW and improved Mini One button. I LOVE IT (so far)! It is much softer and would imagine more comfortable. Everything about it is the same as the mic key, so changing it out was not a big deal. (listen to me.....I have become quite the pro at this now!) ha! Far cry from a few weeks ago. Anyway, this button seems to be a perfect fit (at 2.3cm). Now we don't have to put a dressing around it anymore. (to catch all the excess drainage) I am loving that! Hopefully this new button will be just what Caed needed.




Ever since we changed it out, he has found a "new toy." Literally that's what he's calling it. He is pretending he is a dr. and he is telling us "how to fix your children if they are 5 or 6 or 4....and they have a tummy ache." It's been cute listening to him. I don't mind him playing with it. We will certainly not be using that one ever again, and I think it's good for him to play around with it and see for himself how it works. Might help make the changing out process a little less scary next time.



He asked me to make a video of him explaining the mic key button. ha! It is very cute. I have been having problems uploading videos to Blogger lately (that's why you haven't seen the latest 'Reagan Hollingsworth' episodes). So, I am going to attempt to put it on YouTube. I will post the link as soon as I have it.


Tomorrow is an exciting day for Caed and our family. His Make-a-Wish send off party is at the Wiggly Play Center. A lot of our family is driving/flying in for it, which makes it all the more special.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caed--you are such a brave little man. I think your new "button" will work better for you and hopefully more comfortable and easier for mommy to change out when needed. I am looking forward to the "send-off" party tomorrow. I am flying and will be at the airport at 8:55. Needing a big hug from you, Reagan & Caleb. Sleep good tonight and I'll see you in the morning! Love--Grammy

Stacey said...

That looks awesome! I can't wait to see the video. I hope you guys have an awesome time tomorrow!

Colleen said...

Hope you guys have a GREAT time, you ALL deserve it!! Caed hope your site is feeling better soon. Devin is also very interested in the old Mickey when I take it out. We did a little operation on Curious George and gave him a Mickey too. Devin is very proud of it.

Unknown said...

apcalis oral jelly should be taken 1 hour before sexual intercourse and the effects can last for around 4 hours, provided you are sexually excited.It is a 100% safe product as male enhancement pills. Food can push back the time it starts working to 2 hours after you take it, instead of 30 to 60 mins.