Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"Bravery....

.....is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it."


The counselor at Caed's school made him a little sign with these words printed on it. I know Caed doesn't understand them, but I pray one day he can realize just how BRAVE he was throughout this whole ordeal....and how GOD gave him the grace to truly "overcome" it.

Today's story time in Caed's class was so sweet. I wish I had a video of the entire thing to share with you. Caed and I, along with the counselor, nurse, and asst. principal, walked into the room together to see all the kids sitting on the floor ready for their "special story." The counselor had Caed sit beside her as she read his story to the class. She hadn't gotten far when a hand shot up and asked "When are we going to get to see Caed's thing on his tummy?" (apparently Caed had already taken the liberty for a few friends to sneak a peek at it...ha!) After she finished the story she asked if anyone had any questions for Caed. Ok....this is the funny part!

1st question: "How did your tummy get sick?""

Caed: "because I was at my Nana's and I was laying on the floor and my tummy starting hurting really bad."

2nd question: "Why did you get sick?"

Caed: "because my tummy was hurting at my Nana's house."

3rd question: ".....one time I hurt my arm and went to the doctor and......."

ooops! Sorry, that wasn't a question

4th question: "How did he have to go to the hospital?"

Caed: "because my tummy was really hurting."

5th question: "I've been to the hospital!!!"

6th question: "ME too! Cuz I got hurt in my mouth"

Counselor: "ok.....let's remember to ASK Caed questions, not tell stories"

7th question: "Why did Caed's tummy hurt?"

Caed: "because I was at my Nana's house and it started hurting...."

8th question: "I was sick one time"

Counselor (sensing these little 5 yr. olds were done with questions): "alright Caed. Do you think that's enough?"

Caed: (pausing.....then holding up 1 finger): "ummmm...I'll take one more."


Apparently someone was enjoying his time in the interview chair a little too much! ha! If you have ever had any experience with young children, you can picture this scene to a T. The questions soon turned into their own stories and everyone had something they desperately wanted to share. It was too cute.

The counselor talked for awhile about HOW BRAVE Caed has been (and continues to be). I was so relieved she did. Caed still has to endure monthly blood draws, extensive bi-annual testing, and just the day in day out dealings with his button, pump, and endless medications. He IS a strong, brave little boy, and I wanted Caed to hear that....loud and clear. I wanted him to feel proud in front of his friends. And know he WILL get through this!










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute story with the kids question & answer session. Yes, sounded like he was enjoying getting to tell "his" story. And he should! He has alot to share and this was so-so good for him to be able to do this in front of his new group of friends. Some day his answers will be more specific and God glorifing! His mic-key area looks so much better than a few days ago. Did he get the new correct size in yet? He is one very special little fellow. GOD is so GOOD!!

Anonymous said...

OOPS--that comment was from your Grammy--I love you, Caed!

Bridgette said...

What an incredible time to get to tell HIS story. I can't wait to hear how he develops it more in depth as he gets older! God truly deserves all of our PRAISE for continuing to heal this sweet child! To God be the Glory! Still Praying...

Greggo said...

Apparently it was all Nana's fault!

Unknown said...

Tadalafil 20mg is a medicine used to treat erection problems and symptoms of an enlarged prostate. It's also sometimes used to treat pulmonary hypertension.