Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A blessing in disguise?

Caed began having lots of pain with his tube one week ago tonight. He was picked up from behind from a teenager at church. She in NO way meant to hurt Caed, but we're thinking this pull on his tube might have been the true cause of the pain he experienced this weekend. (plus it already being a little tight on the stomach wall) Through several problems sending out a new size....we are possibly on to something bigger and better. This awful unintentional "injury" might just be a blessing in disguise.

We finally have word on a new button. Literally a NEW button. Our home health company suggested we try a different kind of g-tube. This one is called a mini-one. It is supposedly much softer, flexible, and obviously more comfortable. It works just like the mic key and all our extension sets will supposedly fit into this one too. I asked NE about it, and they are curious for more info themselves. They will be talking with a sales rep there to find out if its something they want other IRP patients to switch over to as well. Just looking at the picture of it....I'm SOLD! ha! Although I guess Caed will be the ultimate judge. They had to order it, so we probably won't get one until Friday. Just praying HARD all this can be resolved and Caed can be back to "sbs normal" by our Disney trip. (which by the way is now in 10 days!!!!!!!!)

(for those of you who know...or care.....what I'm talking about.....this new button will be 18FR - 2.3 cm. Rather than the 2.5 mic key) Hopefully, it'll be the perfect fit!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessings in disguise!!!Let's pray that this will solve the problems and will be much more comfortable for Caed.
I loved the school program with all the kids. Such a thoughtful teacher Caed must have.

Stacey said...

That sounds great. I hope it works out perfectly! Can't wait to see disneyland pics! I would say I'm jealous... but considering everything you've been through to get this trip, I guess I shouldn't be!

Dr. H. said...

I have switched a couple of my patients to the mini and so far we have had great feedback. Hope it works for Caed!!