Saturday, January 8, 2011

Seems like only yesterday....

....I was up in front of a classroom, making lesson plans, grading papers, and out on the playground. My first week back was very good! I am teaching 2nd grade and absolutely love it. My kids are so sweet and smart and a joy to see everyday. Several of my students are the children of some of my best friends growing up. It's funny to look at them.....makes me feel like I'm in elementary again myself. (not to mention being in the very same building!)

Caed and Reagan probably think it's the coolest. They LOVE coming to my classroom each morning and then again when the bell rings. I see Caed quite a bit throughout the day....which is so fun! Sometimes I get to sneak a quick hug or kiss (while none of his friends are looking, of course.) Reagan LOVES coming to my room after school so she herself can play school. She made report cards and folders for every student in her class.....grabs one of my teacher books and away she goes. Who knows? She may just follow in her mama's footsteps someday.

I am absolutely exhausted and still have so much I need/want to do up at school. Every day this past week I was up there til 5:30-6:00. I am really ready to get to the point where I finally feel "settled." Maybe by May???? ;)

So many of you I know prayed for me this week. THANK YOU very much!!!! I truly had a great first day back and rest of the week. There was a calming I couldn't explain.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lori, I know you must be a wonderful teacher and how lucky each child will be to have you. I am sure the kids love it. I know it alway gave me a sense of security knowing my mom was on my Jr. High campus. So happy for you. Tell everyone Hi for me.
Sheri Crabb

smorris said...

Sounds like you are in your element there! So glad things have been falling into place.