Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's a small world.....after all

This heart-breaking picture has hung on our refrigerator for the past 6 months. Right next to pictures of our own children and family members. But until today, she finally became REAL!


We have the privilege of praying for and sponsoring a little girl from Haiti through Compassion International. Her name is Lourdia, and she will turn 13 on Caleb's birthday (2-8). Normally, when devastating news around the world occurs, our hearts naturally go out to the people of that country or in that situation. But, when you can put a face and name to a major world crisis, it brings it home a little harder. And also makes the world seem much smaller.

Please join with us in praying for Lourdia and her family. We do not know of their exact location, but seeing how small the country of Haiti is...the odds are rather high that a member of her family or someone they knew was killed in the destruction. Also continue to pray for ALL Haitians affected!!!!


Psalm 130:2

O Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
to my cry for mercy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uplifting all at this time.

God is in control

McLays :)

Carolyn said...

I too used to sponsor a little girl in Haiti but she left the program. I have wondered about her and prayed for her and her family during this destructive earthquake. I know and understand your heart in this. Will be praying for all the people in Haiti.
In His love,
Carolyn

Randall and Heather Cleckler said...

I too have a baby in Haiti through World Vision and am anxiously waiting to hear how he is. I know he was close to port-au-prince so keep Sammuel Pierre in your prayers as well!!

Anonymous said...

I also have a child that I sponsor in Haiti. You can go to the compassion website and look at your child info. On there they have your child's exact coordinant. You can get this and then plug it into google maps and see exactly how close your child lives to where the earthquake center is. I did this and feel that my little guy was far enough away that hopefully he is ok. Hope this helps! Blessings and prayers